New security patch break integration code

The "Security Patch - 29th May 2012" seems to break the Integration Code provided in WHMCS for "Domain Availability Lookup", wich never give any lookup result. We use the integration code in a main domain, and have WHMCS installed in a sub domain.

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Also when in cart customer add extra domains before checkout by clicking the link https://domain.com/cart.php?a=add&domain=register it does not work anymore, no domain lookup result. As result it is not possible to order more then one domain at the time. We are using version 4.5.2. Problem started after uploading the security patch.

We get errors when trying to do the same.

Have you tried logging in as a customer and order a hosting package with a domain?? The error is not in the admin area.

yes and it went through without an issue, so to double check i asked one of my clients to try and they get the error the same as scurrell shows

Edited by easyhosting

Well, this is the email I just sent Matt:

==

Matt,

The issues from last week were embarrassing, to say the least. However, you had my sympathy in this bad situation and I did not address my anger about this.

Today (more than a week later) I find a forum post about a patch. I checked from what I could if this was really posted by you and applied the patch. After that YOU broke my WHMCS installation. Customers experience a lot of issues after the patch. So AGAIN I am faced with a lot of angry people. Our WHMCS was down last week for over 24 hours for lack of communication. And now it is down again. My customers are mad, and yes, I am mad.

Furthermore TODAY the forum, blog and main site go UP and DOWN. Making me question if the patch was really supplied by WHMCS or by hackers. Result: blocking my WHMCS installations AGAIN.

Matt, you have created some **** on our side. Really, you have no idea. And yes, I am pissed off like hell.

I really hope you will release a GOOD patch asap and please goddamnit fix the sites. I hate pissed off customers complaining at me for something I cannot control. Hope that pissed off state is clear is my message to you.

Erik

The website is being ddos'd again, which is the reason for it going up and down.

That being said, what steps are you using to reproduce the issue? I tested it on several installations and havent had any problems with the domain checker, which makes me wonder if its something unique to a few installations/customizations.

The website is being ddos'd again, which is the reason for it going up and down.

That being said, what steps are you using to reproduce the issue? I tested it on several installations and havent had any problems with the domain checker, which makes me wonder if its something unique to a few installations/customizations.

I have tested 8 different installations on 8 different servers. All of them had the error. I gave instructions to reproduce them earlier in this topic.

i uploaded the patched file to my WHMCS installation as instructed in binary mode

• WHMCS CEO

We've just updated the download for a compatability issue with V4.5 installations, and an update that should resolve the warning error some were experiencing. Obviously we apologise for any inconvenience the DDOS attack is causing with the site becoming intermittently inaccessible but we do have numerous people working on it as quickly as they can.

Matt

Were seeing the same errors since the patch.

Those that are saying that they have no errors: Try going to yourwhmcsurl/cart.php?a=add&domain=register type in a domain name and submit the form. The domain lookup fails and the mentioned errors show in the logs.

Edit: Looks like Matt fixed it with the new patch.

Edited by LDHosting

We've just updated the download for a compatability issue with V4.5 installations, and an update that should resolve the warning error some were experiencing. Obviously we apologise for any inconvenience the DDOS attack is causing with the site becoming intermittently inaccessible but we do have numerous people working on it as quickly as they can.

Matt

New patch fixed the problem but I'm not using v4.5 versions, I'm using latest version and I still had these problems. Patch solved it.

OK. The edited patch fixed the first problems. Now we have a new problem with the patch.

When ordering domain name with special characters, like Norwegian æ, or ø or å, it give error when you come to https://domain.com/cart.php?a=view

"Invalid TLD/Registration Period Supplied for Domain Registration"

We did not have this problem before the newest patch.

OK. The edited patch fixed the first problems. Now we have a new problem with the patch.

When ordering domain name with special characters, like Norwegian æ, or ø or å, it give error when you come to https://domain.com/cart.php?a=view

"Invalid TLD/Registration Period Supplied for Domain Registration"

We did not have this problem before the newest patch.

Special Characters are not allowed in domain name :)