Registrar function - no DomainDelete

wolvyreen

Hi,

I am now on a mission to write my own action hook to allow me to delete a domain from the registrar.

I was hoping someone could explain to me why a DomainDelete function is not included in the API. The NOTES state the following:

Source: http://docs.whmcs.com/Domains_Management#Deleting_a_Domain_from_a_Client

Note: Deleting a domain from WHMCS will not perform any action at the domain registrar.

I was hoping someone could help me out here with the development.

Thanks

Wolvy

I would probably contact WHMCS directly and see if they can write a custom hook for you. 99% of registrar's do not have such an option to revoke a domain registration.
Well, what's the difference between cancelling a domain on your ENOM account and deleting a domain?

Isn't it the same thing?

Hi,

I am now on a mission to write my own action hook to allow me to delete a domain from the registrar.

I was hoping someone could explain to me why a DomainDelete function is not included in the API. The NOTES state the following:I was hoping someone could help me out here with the development.

Thanks

Wolvy

I am not aware of any major registrar that offers this functionality, whether it be on their control panel or API. You are wasting your time.

Ok, I don't think you understand what I'm saying.

Sometimes a client signs up and registers a domain name. He might NEVER get his business and website off the ground and now the time comes for him to renew his account only for me to be told that he no longer wants the service.

So I want to cancel the service with the domain registrar because the client can't be bothered about it any more.

That's why I would want this feature. I don't think it's a stupid need.

Hi Guys,

I really do appreciate all your comments but not all registrars are the same. my registrar in my country is stupid to say the least. They have a delete option.

Thats why I need this. If the domain is just left to expire, noone else can register the domain again for something like 6months.

I know....dumb! That's why I need the delete function.

Is there no way I can create my own delete function and hook it in?

Well, my registrar has an email bot that receives an email request that can be issued to DELETE a domain.

So, again, now that we have gone all the way around this bush, can someone help me figure out how to build a hook to add in to the current WHMCS admin console to add a delete button on the Domain Profile page like the Create, Transfer and Renew?

Then again I ask, why not just include a delete function? sheesh...

If you email them, they can build you a custom hook (for a price). Thats probably going to be your best bet. I doubt there will be enough interest in such a feature to warrant an update to the core code base.