Domain Reseller etc

cavamondo

• 2 weeks later...
I like NetEarthOne. They are nice and you can ever resell SSL certificates.

They are selling comnetorg for 30 /year non resellers. Thats just bad business.

I looked at their tiered reseller rates and even those are way over priced. I took one look at alot of their tld rates and theres just no money to be made from them, even with the top tier.

I would recommend enom for any reseller. great interface, and api.

Enom has higher pricing than NetEarthOne as I recall and you have to put up at least $100 deposit to get started.

Even with the super duper I got the account through WHMCS the prices they have listed on the Enom back end are still $9.45/yr

NetEarthOne is trying to market to resellers so I would expect their pricing to be higher for end users.

I believe I would go back and check NetEarthOne again you seem to be missing something.

Not only that if you get to Tier 2 which is easy to do if you look for their Easter Egg on their site then the prices are only $8.88/yr for .COM and the .NET .ORG are even cheaper. Right off the top of my head as I recall the .NET is running about $6.50

All values in USD.

If you were looking for some GOTCHA that made NetEarthOne the perfect choice then it would be that they back charge you the PayPal fees to add funds to your account if you use PayPal to add funds that is.

I started up reselling hosting and domains last year. First I went with enom as domain reseller, and then later added Resellerclub (mainly for co.uk domains) and recently openSRS (for .dk and other less common TLDs that I couldn'f find reasonable on other resellers).

enom have been great, the API works brilliantly and aside from a few teething troubles on my part it's been great. most of my domains are with them. Their domain manager interface could be better, but it works and the API lets WHMCS handle most things anyway.

resellerclub has had a few more problems but I'm registering mainly .co.uk domains which is an unconventional process anyway, so that might not be a fair comment. Their web interface is very nice and works well, as does the API - no real problems to report.

Finally openSRS have been a PITA. registrations have been problematic, although again they're not common TLDs so the process can be a bit different, but there's a problem with the API so WHMCS is not communicating properly - can't change contact details or DNS records within WHMCS like I can with the other tow, and domain name renewal date sync is not working as it does on the other two mentioned. Oh yes just remembered you said you are with openSRS now. I also find their web interface terrible. I will only be using them for the absolute minimum where I can't register a certain TLD with the others.

Google and Intuit and a few other companies are going to do a special program. At least that is how they are marketing it.

They are telling the public that it is free, but when you go to sign up you quickly find out that they make it sound like if you don't use whois privacy then someone might steal your identity.

Then they bill the customers $1 per month for whois privacy. so they are actually getting more than even name.com would charge.

They are using the Tucows registry as well so good luck to any of those poor customers that forget to register on time. I hear they have a special program going were they snatch up domains that have expired and sell them back for a premium price.

Google and Intuit and a few other companies are going to do a special program. At least that is how they are marketing it.

They are telling the public that it is free, but when you go to sign up you quickly find out that they make it sound like if you don't use whois privacy then someone might steal your identity.

Then they bill the customers $1 per month for whois privacy. so they are actually getting more than even name.com would charge.

They are using the Tucows registry as well so good luck to any of those poor customers that forget to register on time. I hear they have a special program going were they snatch up domains that have expired and sell them back for a premium price.

if you dont want to become a full domain reseller and use the Tucows registry they try the 123-reg affiliate programme.

as 123-reg also use the Tucows registry

• 8 months later...