WHMCS Developer License

kyeck

Question

Hello,

I didn't find information elsewhere in the forum, so I thought I'd pose the question...

It's my understanding that with the purchase of a license, a single developer license is also provided. How exactly does that work and is there any flexibility for shops that have formal development and testing environments?

Here's why I ask...

In our shop, in addition to the production environment, we have just that -- development AND testing environments. For the development environment, typically, we would have no more than 2-3 developers making changes and verifying them before moving them into the formal testing environment.

So, for example, we would like to do something like this:

* portal.mydomain.com -- Production (1 instance)

* qa.mydomain.com -- Testing (1 instance)

* localhost -- Development (up to 2 instances, transferable between developers)

Given the way licenses are currently manage/enforced, could something like this be accommodated? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you,

-Ken

11 answers to this question

You're entitled to a single developer license if you bought your license directly from WHMCS. You can contact them via ticket and request it. The developer license is free to use as long as its not publicly available (.htaccess blocked, or ran on localhost).

In order to do what you're trying, you'd need to purchase another license for the "testing" site. Also, the development license wouldnt be transferable between developers. It will only run in one location on one server.

Hello

With direct license purchases we offer a free developers license, and if you need more than one development license we offer additional dev licenses at $45 each. The only restrictions with the dev whmcs license is it can not be used for live sales, so that means you must either install it in a localhost environment or that you install it in a password protected directory of "dev.yourdomain.com" matching the same domain where you have your paid key.

Regards,

Liam

Hello

With direct license purchases we offer a free developers license, and if you need more than one development license we offer additional dev licenses at $45 each. The only restrictions with the dev whmcs license is it can not be used for live sales, so that means you must either install it in a localhost environment or that you install it in a password protected directory of "dev.yourdomain.com" matching the same domain where you have your paid key.

Regards,

Liam

Hi Liam,

I need to test a Provisioning Modules

May I purchase a dev lic?

If yes, How?

Thanks,

Tony

But I don't have an account with whmcs, is it possible?

Thanks,

Tony

Looks like they won't let you place an order without an account... you should probably contact WHMCS directly about this. Worst case scenario, you could just buy a branded monthly license and then request a refund, and then pay the $45 for a dev license :-)