Enom 400+% price increase

pagehosting4u

I have been looking around for a solid answer to this and even get contradictory info from Enom. I am one of those that received an email stating that my pricing is going to increase to $39.95 a year. Then I find this page on their website:

Valued eNom Reseller,

In July 2011, eNom was notified by VeriSign that it plans to raise the cost for their respective TLDs on January 15, 2012. As with previous VeriSign price increases, eNom must adjust our Reseller Tier pricing such that we can absorb the increased costs for reselling VeriSign’s TLDs.

Historically, eNom has always been resistant to raising our prices. We understand the price sensitivity of our Reseller base and we want to provide domain names and value-added services that allow our Resellers to remain competitive in this market.

Unfortunately, based on this announcement from VeriSign, eNom must modify our Reseller pricing tiers to address the increased cost of reselling these VeriSign TLDs.

The purpose of this notification is to inform you on the new eNom domain name pricing.

Effective January 14, 2012 the new eNom Reseller Pricing Tiers will be:

Premiere

$9.00

Volume

$10.50

Basic

$11.50

Alternative

$12.50

Sincerely,

eNom Support Team

Did I receive the email for a retail customer and my pricing is only going up a $1 or so? Or am I going to go bankrupt? This is not cool. I just spent a year long process of moving all of my domains to Enom from another company that was increasing their prices and could not be integrated with WHMCS. If I have to move again, who should I move to? I'm open to suggestions.

Thanks,

Rick

The Verisign price rise is an annual affair now

What price at enom is increasing to $39.95 per year?

The resellers are free to apply any prices above the base price applied to their account

That is why I started moving away from my current provider a few months ago

However I suspect they no longer wanted to use enom as their prices from the 2011 price change went from $9.00 to $15.00 per year

I have been using internet.bs, marginally cheaper, and not had any problems or issues

Edited by m8internet

This is a copy of the email I received:

Valued Customer,

This is a follow up to the notification sent on 10/19/2011.

In July 2011, eNomCentral was notified by VeriSign that it plans to raise the cost for their respective domain extensions on January 15, 2012. As with previous VeriSign price increases, eNomCentral must adjust our pricing such that we can absorb the increased costs for reselling VeriSign’s domains.

Historically, eNomCentral has always been resistant to raising our prices. Our goal has always been to provide domain name and value-added services at competitive rates. Unfortunately, based on this announcement from VeriSign, eNomCentral must modify our pricing to address the increased cost of reselling these VeriSign domains.

Effective January 14, 2012 your new domain pricing will be:

New Price: $39.95

If you have any questions, please contact us at +1(425)974-4689 or customercare@enom.com.

Sincerely,

eNomCentral Support Team

"Historically, eNomCentral has always been resistant to raising our prices."

The email from Enom I received said the same. If that were true, the $0.50 increase on .coms would not be translated into $1 each for resellers. Not only that, but the price for .nets also went up $1, and that increase (and initial cost) was far lower than .coms.

Resistant? They embrace each and every one.

You have a domain where enom is the *registrar* - hence the mention of enomcentral - rather than a domain with an enom reseller.

Domains direct with a registrar are always much higher priced, so they're not competing with their clients - for example a .uk domain (£5.55 from us) is £80.00 from Nominet (the .uk registry), a domain from an ICANN accredited registrar for .com ~$12, from verisign via network-solutions (the original registry) $70 etc.

Enom run on _very_ tight margin for the service level they offer, so passing on the registry price increases (suitably marked up) is to be expected.

Effective January 14, 2012 your new domain pricing will be:

New Price: $39.95

Start looking for another provider now

That is a shocking price rise

As above, enom and their resellers are no longer the most competitive (cheapest) any more

The disadvantage with most Domain Names is the transfer process, so you might want to offer an incentive to your customers so that they are transferred out early and avoid the higher price

I applied this when last years price increase applied and the majority of customers paid shortly after the invoice was sent (as this included details that late payment would result in a late payment fee being applied)

Now that most of these Domain Names have been moved to a cheaper provider this late payment fee can be revised (lowered)

[There is no such issue with .uk Domain Names as you simply update the IPSTAG and this is normally free]

• WHMCS CEO

For any WHMCS Enom resellers, that is those with an account registered through ourselves as part of the Enom deal we offer, the increase will just be the cost price increase of $0.50 (a 5.6% increase on the current pricing of $8.95).

Matt

For any WHMCS Enom resellers, that is those with an account registered through ourselves as part of the Enom deal we offer, the increase will just be the cost price increase of $0.50 (a 5.6% increase on the current pricing of $8.95).

Matt

Hello,

So the new price of the .com and .net will be 9.45$ for WHMCS Enom resellers.

Best regards,

• 3 weeks later...
  • WHMCS CEO

Hi,

Just thought I'd revisit this thread to let you all know that we have been able to negotiate some exclusive pricing for WHMCS users for a limited time only until the price increases on January 14th, so if you're planning to register or renew domains in the near future, you might want to do so now to take advantage of the current lower prices. Please see this blog post for full details: http://blog.whmcs.com/?t=44377

Matt