Matt

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• WHMCS CEO

The winning design is expected to be coded by the designer, but we'll do the actual conversion into a working WHMCS template. However for the purposes of entering the competition just a screenshot is all that's required.

Matt

The winning design is expected to be coded by the designer, but we'll do the actual conversion into a working WHMCS template. However for the purposes of entering the competition just a screenshot is all that's required.

Matt

Coding is completely separate from this design competition, correct? In other words, the winning designer will provide a quote for coding services and then take it from there.

Matt

Most designers charge as much as the prize for this contest to turn a PSD into workable HTML / CSS / jQuery. You may have to up the prize or offer for WHMCS staff to do the PSD conversion if you want to see some head spinning designs.

Just a thought.

• WHMCS CEO

No but if it's a problem the coding is the least important aspect of it so I'm sure we'll be able to work around it.

Personally if any designer quoted me $1000 USD to convert a PSD design into HTML then I'd tell them where to go :)

Matt

No but if it's a problem the coding is the least important aspect of it so I'm sure we'll be able to work around it.

Personally if any designer quoted me $1000 USD to convert a PSD design into HTML then I'd tell them where to go :)

Matt

Well, maybe not just the conversion but the design + conversion. Either way, hopefully some designers step up with some neat designs.

I usually use whmcs as the main website, and I have stripped whmcs' main template - like a framework , so I can turn it into anything I need. I also made some seo improvements, usability and stuff like that.

As there is no design in my "framework", can I still be a part of the contest? I could also make the blank template available to people could work on it.

Really...? All I will say is that at $50/hr that is 20 hours of work. Estimate the HTML for the main theme at 4 hours, another 2-3 hours for the styling, and then the Javascript and the many inner pages, browser testing, etc... that would be over 20 hours for quality coding.

Matt, can you confirm that coding is definitely not required and will be treated separately? I'd like to submit an entry.

I really wish you had this competition extended for another week. I just read about the competition and would love for a few of my design members to try out competition.

I am paying them out of my own pocket.

I would agree with those concerned about the competition prize that if you charge $50 dollars per hour then you arent paid for each hour it would take to code it.

So either look at this as free advertising for your design/implementation skills , dont charge $50 per hour, or lastly get off your high horse and realize its a competition and that the prize is nothing compared to being chosen the best designer here(not that I personally would like that award as I am a developer but my company does like to advertise full solutions to our clients) .

P.S: Matt, sweet idea I have done the same thing with one of my scripts in the past and it was a huge success. I am bummed you dont have fifty or more designs. As I said give us a week or two longer and I will post a bunch. You cant chose from a selection of 1 design to win or lose.

P.S: Matt, sweet idea I have done the same thing with one of my scripts in the past and it was a huge success. I am bummed you dont have fifty or more designs. As I said give us a week or two longer and I will post a bunch. You cant chose from a selection of 1 design to win or lose.

Yeah definitely could use that extra week. It's difficult rearranging your schedule to do something like this.

Professional, Nice design man.

Do you colo or host with Hivelocity or are you one of the employees?

I am one of their partners/resellers.

Thank you :) i hop everyone like the design.

No i am not host or colo by Hivelocity, but i will be next months :)

Just i like the Ubersmith client area templates which is used by Hivelocity

Hi guys,

I've designed the following, my idea is:

in the client area Every thing will not be accessible for non-logged in clients (just like https://manage.hivelocity.net/) ,

Take a look at the design

http://67.23.251.112/control-panel-2.png

Thank you

My hosting account is suspended so the design screen shot is on attachment:

Sorry ! :)

http://imageshack.us/f/405/controlpanel2.png/

Edited by professional