How to control the billing date and the due date of invoices.

I need to make a single invoice each month for one of my clients.

on any given month there may be between 1 and 10 line items.

I know i can set a new invoice to be added to the next invoice run but i dont seem to be able to get it to invoice on the correct date and be due on the correct date.

what i want to achiev is the following

i add invoices on an ad hoc basis throughout the month

on the 1st of the month an invoice is created containing all items raised since the last invoice

the due date is the 14th of that month. after which it begins the normal overdue notifications

it might be a lot to ask but it would mean a lot if someone could explain the best way to achieve this for me. step by step if possible.

Thanks

• 2 weeks later...

Hi John

thanks again for the quick reply.

ideally what i need to do is to set different customers to have different invoice and due dates. most people i give 14 days to pay an invoice before it becomes overdue.

a couple of people i work with i need to put onto 30 days however.

is there a way to set the due date by client rather than having a one size fits all approach?

Prorata Billing

This allows you to bill products on a specific day of the month and charge a prorata'd amount at the initial time of order. If enabled all clients will be charged on one exact day each month. When disabled the product will use the default anniversary billing system (eg. Jun 15 - Jul 15).

Can not configure it for every 3 months or 6 months

Because I have used over 15 years now, all my customers receive an invoice every 3 months or 6 months

So the customers there shall have a invoice every 3 months will be the 10.2 - 10.5 - 10.8 - 10.11 and has 14 days credit

Edited by wsd