Intergration Finished Almost

nay27uk

are you looking for suggestions or just feedback?

if suggestions:

- maybe instead of having the title "Customer Area" you can replace that with {$pagetitle} and then remove it from the gray box underneath and then shorten the height of it for the breadcrumb

- redo the reset, instead of using

{

margin:0;

padding:0;

}

try something like (this is an example)

html, body, div, span, applet, object, iframe,

h1, h2, h3, h4, h5, h6, p, blockquote, pre,

a, abbr, acronym, address, big, cite, code,

del, dfn, em, img, ins, kbd, q, s, samp,

small, strike, strong, sub, sup, tt, var,

b, u, i, center,

dl, dt, dd, ol, ul, li,

fieldset, form, label, legend, caption, tbody, tfoot, thead

{

}

(avoiding putting table,td,th,tr in it)

this way your links on the portal home will not bunch up next to the image (well that's one way)

also would appear that they way you coded the footer ended up causing the whmcs link to show up in your sidebar

- redo the reset, instead of using

{

}

I really like resetting the CSS this way. It's not too hard to use this method and apply the spacing to WHMCS elements directly.

I do agree that my opinion is a one off and your suggestion is very wise.

I notice that you've added a margin and padding value for each element of your page meaning you can remove the padding: 0; with no effect to your layout but it will fix any spacing issues in WHMCS.

Jack

Ok thanks for the comments and sujestions.

That is a good idea about replacing the Customer area with the pagename cant belive I didnt think of that myself.

also I am unsure why the powered by is in the right colum during coding I could not find anything in the original portal template about powered by so am not sure how to get this at the bottom it seems like WHMCS just puts it where it wants.

As for altering the CSS you have lost me on that one maybe you can explain in laymens terms as I am no CSS expert

Ok thanks for the comments and sujestions.

That is a good idea about replacing the Customer area with the pagename cant belive I didnt think of that myself.

also I am unsure why the powered by is in the right colum during coding I could not find anything in the original portal template about powered by so am not sure how to get this at the bottom it seems like WHMCS just puts it where it wants.

As for altering the CSS you have lost me on that one maybe you can explain in laymens terms as I am no CSS expert

Hello,

This is probably going to be very boring so bear with me :)

By default browsers apply both margins and padding to common elements such as paragraphs and heading etc. The reason for this is so that it's easy to add a few tags to a HTML document and have it readable.

The problem with this default spacing is browser consistently. Unfortunately the amount of padding and margin browsers apply to HTML elements by default varies.

To solve this issue you can use something called a CSS reset. This is basically CSS that's used to reset the HTML documents default spacing which is good as you can generally make a more consistent website once this is done.

* { padding: 0; margin: 0; }

^ The code above is the easiest way and quickly way (short term :) ) to reset a document with CSS. The * stands for global so anything you apply to this selector will be applied to every element of the page. So by using padding: 0; margin: 0; it removes all the default spacing across the page. I use this technique on all of my sites.

WHMCS has some areas that don't have padding and margin applied meaning they rely on default spacing to show up correctly. This is why wwesn suggested the following code:

html, body, div, span, applet, object, iframe,
h1, h2, h3, h4, h5, h6, p, blockquote, pre,
a, abbr, acronym, address, big, cite, code,
del, dfn, em, img, ins, kbd, q, s, samp,
small, strike, strong, sub, sup, tt, var,
b, u, i, center,
dl, dt, dd, ol, ul, li,
fieldset, form, label, legend, caption, tbody, tfoot, thead
{
}

^ this is a great suggestion as it only applies the spacing removal to the elements seen above. Most of the main WHMCS structure is made up of tables so by using this technique the tables continue to use default spacing meaning they will show up perfectly while this technique still allows you to reset common elements for browser consistency.

If you have any questions let me know and I'll be happy to help. I think your site is looking fantastic by the way. it's bold and easy to navigate.

Jack

yes but I have gone for a true intergration not an intergration that just looks like the original WHMCS rubbish with a few changed icons and a few colours here and ther altered.

I have gone for A true intergration using my themes CSS thsat looks compleatly diferant to the original crap in WHMCS. most of the socal intergration companys that you see on this site upon visiting them and looking trough their portfolios half of the intergrations they do still look exactly the same as the default portal template but with diferant icons and colours.

I want my WHMCS to be EXACTLY the same as my main site using only my main sites CSS.

I dont like how the standerd WHMCS templates are, there is no spacing between anything, everything is on the same page as it wher. Just the same as all the socaled intergrations.

I want mine looking exactly how I want it hence not paying some comapny to intergarte it and getting it back looking exactly the same bar some new icons and colours.

by the way I am not knoking anyones business that does intergrations but every one I have looked at is just the original portal crap with new icons and colours

Edited by nay27uk

yes but I have gone for a true intergration not an intergration that just looks like the original WHMCS rubbish with a few changed icons and a few colours here and ther altered.

I have gone for A true intergration using my themes CSS thsat looks compleatly diferant to the original crap in WHMCS. most of the socal intergration companys that you see on this site upon visiting them and looking trough their portfolios half of the intergrations they do still look exactly the same as the default portal template but with diferant icons and colours.

I want my WHMCS to be EXACTLY the same as my main site using only my main sites CSS.

I dont like how the standerd WHMCS templates are, there is no spacing between anything, everything is on the same page as it wher. Just the same as all the socaled intergrations.

I want mine looking exactly how I want it hence not paying some comapny to intergarte it and getting it back looking exactly the same bar some new icons and colours.

by the way I am not knoking anyones business that does intergrations but every one I have looked at is just the original portal crap with new icons and colours

What I said doesn't reflect on the quality of an integration.

^ I just explained why that code is used. Your design is already using the method which I use (globally setting margin and padding to 0).

It's great to hear that you're going for a deeper integration. I've certainly not spend the time on my own site that I'd like to but over the last month I've been freeing up time to work on a new design + full integration.

In all honesty your post did sound like it was knocking integration services. Keep in mind that most people are after a simple header and footer integration as it's a affordable way to give a professional look. Most integration services run from $30-$50 which include a simple integration but that doesn't mean that a more in depth integration isn't offered by these companies, it's just not possible for $50.

Jack

no I know and sorry if it seemed like I was moking anyone, I wasnt I was just saying that my intergration is mine not one that looks like the original that has just been tied in to the site with new icons and changes to the color of the borders.

I understand that both of you run intergration companys having looked back on the thread and at your signatures but you must admit that a client wanting a full blown intergration that visiting your site and looking at your portfolio only sees a simple intergration and so leaves the site as I did with many I visited.

If I had known or been able to see via portfolios that half the intergration companys could have done it exactly how I have but improved on things then I would have payed and saved my self the 4 weeks of hassle and headachs, headachs I am still having now as the viewcart.tpl is a nightmare.

again sorry guys I was not knocking your work but more so knocking what I have seen of intergrations on many websites I have visited while looking for intergrations companys. I was also a tad intoxicated when I made the post so could have and should have worded things a little better.

It just suprisses me that WHMCS advertise as being easy to intergrate into your site when clearly it is not if you want a true intergration, for me a header and footer intergration is not going to kick it.

still cant find any remarks to Powered by in any .tpl file including the originals

also in your login box - maybe increase the width and height of the input area (again this is caused by the reset) - make a little extra padding on the left and increase it a bit to the opposite side.

Hope you don't mind, to show you what i mean i did one of my quick 'substandard' :twisted: integrations (you'll also see i added a little more spacing on the portal home menu in the left)

40339683.gif

and yeah i know alignment is off a tad - i just threw this together quickly

Edited by wwesn

no problem wwesen I am just going trough everything now trying to make things look better based on your sujestions. working with CSS is a very new thing to me although I have been designing my own sites since 1995 I am still very much a tables man so CSS is like learning to ride a bike for me.

how exactly did you do the extra spacing between the lines of the mainpage table, I have wanted to do this but the CSS that controls the tables also controls every other table on the site

Edited by nay27uk

no I know and sorry if it seemed like I was moking anyone, I wasnt I was just saying that my intergration is mine not one that looks like the original that has just been tied in to the site with new icons and changes to the color of the borders.

I understand that both of you run intergration companys having looked back on the thread and at your signatures but you must admit that a client wanting a full blown intergration that visiting your site and looking at your portfolio only sees a simple intergration and so leaves the site as I did with many I visited.

If I had known or been able to see via portfolios that half the intergration companys could have done it exactly how I have but improved on things then I would have payed and saved my self the 4 weeks of hassle and headachs, headachs I am still having now as the viewcart.tpl is a nightmare.

again sorry guys I was not knocking your work but more so knocking what I have seen of intergrations on many websites I have visited while looking for intergrations companys. I was also a tad intoxicated when I made the post so could have and should have worded things a little better.

It just suprisses me that WHMCS advertise as being easy to intergrate into your site when clearly it is not if you want a true intergration, for me a header and footer intergration is not going to kick it.

still cant find any remarks to Powered by in any .tpl file including the originals

No problem at all mate :D

That's a great suggestion and I will be doing this as you're completely right.

I can see why you would like to change WHMCS around completely but keep in mind that if you're providing general and in many cases reseller hosting your visitors are unlikely to know what a general WHMCS install looks like. Having said that I'm doing the same to my install now for the reasons you made in this thread :)

Jack

I don't think my whmcs looks like default whmcs with just some color changes :D

http://scriptinstallation.ca/billing/index.php

so see - not everything is cheap looking lol :D

I got a color changer now and I will probably make modules where clients can have whichever block they want - and where they want it in their client area