[FIXED] Hidden Knowledgebase Articles showing in Client Area

ceaza

If you add a category as "Hidden" the category itself is hidden but NOT the article.

The article appears in the client area.

The idea behind the hidden stuff is that you can have articles for your admin area user to refer to.

I am not sure if this has been mentioned b4 as well?

If you have subcategries and no articles in the main cat then the count show as 0. the count should be the amount of articles related to that category including the subcats.

• 3 years later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • WHMCS CEO
I always thought that you could only hide articles from non-customers?

No, there's also a hidden category setting which allows you to hide articles from anyone client side - ie. creating an admin only group of KB articles.

Matt

• 9 years later...
8 minutes ago, VirtualWorldGlobal said:

Is there an option of sharing specific KB articles with a specific user  ? 

you could share a link via a user via a support ticket (via Insert Knowledgebase Link dropdown) - is that what you had in mind?

9 minutes ago, VirtualWorldGlobal said:

Also what should we do to make users login before they can access / read any knowledge base articles or announcements ?

as per the other thread, for kb you can mark them as private... for announcements, you'll likely need a coding solution.

2 minutes ago, brian! said:

you could share a link via a user via a support ticket (via Insert Knowledgebase Link dropdown) - is that what you had in mind?

No. I wanted to add a new Category and then share it with a client as these KB is only useful to them , else if there is any provision of Admin KB Access - where we can create an admin with required privileges and then they can access the KB docs  in ready only view.

26 minutes ago, VirtualWorldGlobal said:

No. I wanted to add a new Category and then share it with a client as these KB is only useful to them , else if there is any provision of Admin KB Access - where we can create an admin with required privileges and then they can access the KB docs  in ready only view.

out of the box, WHMCS can't do that - you could make categories private via coding (e.g a hook) though.

you could make articles private (forcing them to login to view) and then once logged in, you could use additional coding to ensure only user A can see those article(s), everyone else will get redirected elsewhere.

with regards to admin KB Access, there is a 6 year old feature request for that.

https://requests.whmcs.com/topic/admin-only-knowledgebase-system-in-whmcs

there is a third-party addon, Staff Wiki / Knowledgebase from whmcsnow - but whether it still works on any of the recent WHMCS releases, I don't know.

alternatively, there is another addon, WHMCS Staff Knowledgebase - but I don't know if that can assign admin ranks to view the articles.

personally, i'm not sure i'd use an admin login for something as trivial as this  - i'd keep them using the client area KB and modify it for occasional private use.