Registering Domains Via NameCheap

RNCS

Hi there,

Just wondered if it is possible to register domain names using WHMCS via namecheap(.com).

I personally found them to be a fantastic company and have used them for years - now I am a reseller I still wish to remain with them; however this means I have to take payment through paypal then manually set up the order for a domain on their website.

Is there anyway around this, or to automate it in WHMCS so customers can order their own domains?

Kind regards,

Alix

• WHMCS CEO

Hi,

You can take registration requests for domains using WHMCS but if you want to use NameCheap you will need to register the domain manually. I don't think they have an API available but will certainly look into it.

Regards,

Matt

Hi guys,

Thanks for the quick replies! What's this API I keep reading about then?

By taking a domain request it comes up on the invoice for the preferred domain, with the domain price (or do I set prices manually? I've not looked into this as of yet) - then I register it for them via namecheap, oui?

• 8 months later...

Hey Matt,

I contacted namecheap about their 'white-label' API reseller program and this is what they said:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hello,

We have released a completely private label re-seller program. The

interface is almost identical to namecheap(if not a little better). The

price to join is $48.88 per year and you do get a slight reduced price($7.98

per domain) and you can set pricing for your clients to whatever you wish. You can sign up https://admin.unifiedregistrar.com/signup/Signup.aspx

You can look at the interface at http://reseller.unifiedregistrar.com

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Do you think you can add a module for namecheap's reseller program??

• 6 months later...
Maybe, if they have an API. There's no mention of any API being available or documentation on that URL.

They don't have an API right now:

http://website.unifiedregistrar.com/existing/faq.asp

Your are correct, namecheap is an enom reseller and there is no good reason to go through them for domains. Get them directly from enom.

I haven't checked the details, but Unified Registrar is their own registrar business. It's Namecheap that's their reseller business, but anyone who's used them for some time would never believe it. For whatever reason, they are keeping their registrar business low-key.

Is there anyway around this, or to automate it in WHMCS so customers can order their own domains?

Thanks for seconding my request at

http://www.whmcs.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=6261. I think the problem is that they don't have an API yet, as Matt mentioned.

I can't believe Unified Registrar would have much of a following. It appears to be a small time operation with lack of information or features.

Are there many others using them? How did you end up selling for them as I saw nothing about pricing or anything else other than it's $49 a year to be a member ;)

I can't believe Unified Registrar would have much of a following. It appears to be a small time operation with lack of information or features.

Are there many others using them? How did you end up selling for them as I saw nothing about pricing or anything else other than it's $49 a year to be a member

I too am unable to understand why Namecheap is keeping it so low-key. Knowing them a bit as a customer for the last three years, I would think it's because they are still in the process of rolling out the service.

I haven't actually signed up- I am waiting for the WHMCS integration- but, I guess the reason people want to sell is based on their experience of Namecheap. They're very good.

Your are correct, namecheap is an enom reseller and there is no good reason to go through them for domains. Get them directly from enom.

My only reason for not going with Enom is that I don't have to pay any upfront fee with namecheap, but still able to get competitive pricing on domain prices.

In regards to Namecheap's API, here's some good news, they are building it ATM. Here's what they told me:

We are building an API and it is in the beta stage. You can view the API specifications here: api.sandbox.namecheap.com/spec/api.xml . To enable testing the API, you should create an account at vvvvvv.sandbox.namecheap.com/, login and then go to Modify Profile > API access to obtain the key necessary to issue API commands. As it is in beta, you may experience some issues. We will greatly appreciate if you could report these issues to developer@namecheap.com. Also, if you need any other commands, please let us know about that as well.

So... can we finally have namecheap on WHMCS?