domain registration fail for none english users

gk-root

Hello WHMCS Staff,

I searched over the forum for a solution but all I see is questions but no solution to this one.

My users filling they info in a native language but if a domain have been order it will be failed if the costumer info has non English characters

For a system that is multilingual it is not logical to ask my users to fill in the contact info in English.

If possible I will like to have the "add new contact for domain" (cart.php?a=addcontact) open as default and let the costumer to chose the option of using the same contact as his account for users who have they account info in English.

Another way is to use the domain contact for domain registration and if domain contact is empty so it will add the "add new contact" on checkout form to the domain contact info.

Any other solution will be accepted, but it has to be automated.

I don’t mind writing my on script to do the "dirty work" but I must have a way to integrate it.

Thanks a lot.

• 1 month later...

this is not only WHMCS limitation (and as far as i remember WHMCS already remove some special characters) many registrars like the ones based in logicbox system also do not accept special characters. We resolved this just editing the client profile changing and removing the special characters and run the registration again.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi,

I think that there only have to be the following check optional boxes in the section of "Default Billing/Admin/Tech Contact Details".

[chkbox] Tick this box to use the below infomation for the Registrant contact details.

After registration user can change the WHOIS information for yourself. So, it is OK that contact information when registering domain is all provider's one.

Could you add this feature?

Thanks,

nob

Hi host4site,

I'm sorry. The above post as I was going to write feature requests for additions to John@WHMCS Staff. And, I think that the expression was bad. I was going to say that the following settings.

1. Administrator login

2.[setup]-[Domain Registrar]-[Other Settings]

3.[Default Billing/Admin/Tech Contact Details]

I want to add a set item (check box) to the section of above 3.

Thanks,

nob

• 11 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

This one could be perfect for my needs. Most of my clients are adding their names in Greek, but most non .gr registars only accept english language. So i just want Transliteration to take place when executing the registar api request only for some domain extensions.

So my main concern is when does the Transliteration take place and if it is ONLY during the api call, how could i check the domain's extension

• 1 year later...

Hi I have the same problem because my costumers are from Bulgaria and they are using the local letters which are incompatible with the registrars. I saw WHMCS support pre registrar hook and I made this code /http://pastebin.com/mEFCJsvw which should solve my problems with converting the cyrillic letters to latin on the fly without changing the costumer info. But when I tried to register new domain the request finished with wrong name error. I made dump of processed array from my hook code and everything is converted. Any idea why my code doesn't fix my problems ???

• 2 months later...

This should be done in the template I believe, checking on WHMCS now and bumped into this issue too.

So if we have a Hebrew template, we don't need to ask at all if contacts are the same, we need to have the name, last name, company name and address fields display automatically if a domain is registered, and have the mandatory with Latin characters only. We can have the email/phone #s auto-completed in case the clients wants to have different info at the registrar.

Anyone willing to share the fee for the coding? If done properly it can suit all non Latin systems for this purpose.

Surely we can find someone over at eLance to do the job for few hundred bucks..

Justin

• 1 month later...
Hi I have the same problem because my costumers are from Bulgaria and they are using the local letters which are incompatible with the registrars. I saw WHMCS support pre registrar hook and I made this code /http://pastebin.com/mEFCJsvw which should solve my problems with converting the cyrillic letters to latin on the fly without changing the costumer info. But when I tried to register new domain the request finished with wrong name error. I made dump of processed array from my hook code and everything is converted. Any idea why my code doesn't fix my problems ???

This code http://pastebin.com/mEFCJsvw Work ?

• 4 months later...