Ajax shopping cart (OpenSource)

This is a new system I have been working on for my own purposes, if anyone is interested or has feedback for improvement prior to its public release post your comments:

This is based off the new ajax order form but has been modified to support:

• multi-product shopping cart ordering
  • communication error handling (informs customers what to do in case of problem)
  • sub-domain products
  • cleaner interface with top aligned labels (researchers have determined these forms best)
  • domain only ordering (not yet complete)
  • each item can be re-edited

https://www.swiftlayer.com/clients/order/?pid=265&item=0&skip=1

What do you mean page refresh when you when you make changes? It does not refresh anymore than the ajax form released by WHMCS... Also horizontal scrolling... again no different than the ajax form from WHMCS.

This is the same cart offered by whmcs... it has just been improved to allow "shopping cart" functionality.

Single page order forms will have horizontal scroll, but that is the tradeoff to not having "Multiple pages" which in the end with WHMCS full blown multi page cart, the customer ends up having to scroll down so how is this not an improvement?

If the page refresh you are referring to when changing the billing cycle.. this is because the system has to re-load the product in order to get updated config option prices etc... this is the same with the WHMCS ajax cart we did not make this functionality...

I might be able to improve this so it doesn't appear to refresh the screen.

Horizontal scrolling is never acceptable and i never said i was a fan of the original ajax order form. Its definitely not something I personally would use without a lot of tweaking. Im not saying you didnt make any improvements, i was just providing feedback, which is usually the point of people posting in a forum. You cant really call a form an ajax form and require page refreshes. This is not a dig at you, but of whmcs.

I understand you were providing feedback, I guess I should have been more clear as I was asking for more specifics...

I checked the code... there is no way to improve the refresh appearance.... FYI it is not an entire page refresh.. it is an ajax call that refreshes the parts with the prices.

I think you might have posted when I was ironing out some of the cross browser issues with the javascript...

try refreshing your browser to see if this "refresh appearance" still happens

Do you use some sort of custom order form that does not require horizontal scroll?

The web2.0 cart does when you get to the page to enter customer information... so not only does it have multiple pages but it also has scroll...

So for me at least eliminating one of the two was the best way to go and we found that many customers get confused with many pages....

• 2 weeks later...

I had not had much sleep when responding to you before I thought you were talking about scrolling down... No there is no horizontal scrolling on resolutions of 1024x768 and above what operating system and what browser and what low resolution are you using?

the horizontal scroll has nothing to to with whmcs really. Its your css/markup that is the problem. I do not get horizontal scroll with any whmcs pages.

• 2 weeks later...

Hello mark, I have to finish some of the features still:

while it works for production for us there is still some features lacking that need to be done before I can release it as a paid mod...

1) Not all wording is in language files yet....

2) The dedicated servers to not reload their data when editing

3) Domain options such as "private Registration" are not yet added

4) Domain only ordering is not yet added

5) EPP code for domain transfers is not yet added

Once those are done I will release it as a paid modification... if you do not require those features like we do not then we can work something out now if you would like.

HI, any ETA? estimated price? i need 1, 4 and 5.

Regards,

Hello mark, I have to finish some of the features still:

while it works for production for us there is still some features lacking that need to be done before I can release it as a paid mod...

1) Not all wording is in language files yet....

2) The dedicated servers to not reload their data when editing

3) Domain options such as "private Registration" are not yet added

4) Domain only ordering is not yet added

5) EPP code for domain transfers is not yet added

Once those are done I will release it as a paid modification... if you do not require those features like we do not then we can work something out now if you would like.

If the page refresh you are referring to when changing the billing cycle.. this is because the system has to re-load the product in order to get updated config option prices etc... this is the same with the WHMCS ajax cart we did not make this functionality...

I might be able to improve this so it doesn't appear to refresh the screen.

I have one issue with your site. (https://www.swiftlayer.com/clients/order/) when I tried it out, I deliberately didn't fill it all in to see what happened. I got the following errors:

The following errors occured and must be corrected before checkout:

You did not enter your first name

You did not enter your last name

You did not enter your email address

You did not enter your address (line 1)

You did not enter your city

You did not enter your state

You did not enter your postcode

You did not enter your phone number

The password you entered is not strong enough - please enter a more complex password

The Terms of Service must be agreed to

This is great that it tells you these things, my issue is the last one. You show the full terms of service is a scrollable area. Above this area it says

After ensuring that all your data is accurate and viewing your price and options (on the top right) - review our terms and conditions carefully, then click the "Checkout" button below to process your order, or click "Continue Shopping" to add more products.

However, it doesn't say you need to tick any box, and most people I know would not bother reading the ToS so they wouldn't scroll and they wouldn't see the tick box. I know some of my customers don't know much about the internet and they buy from me and pass on the info to a web designer so I'd be thinking I may loose those types of customers.

Just thought I'd share my opinion if it helps you.

• 3 weeks later...