Welcome Mails Not Sending

connecthosting

Hi everyone

I have recently set-up my WHMCS for the first time. So far I have gone through all of the settings categories under the Set-Up menu and was hoping that I had done everything correctly.. But my welcome mails do not send. I placed a test order and here's what happens (in case it helps):

1. The "Client" (i.e. my test order) and the Admin (i.e. my WHMCS e-mail) both receive confirmation of the new client's registration. The client is added to the system properly.

2. The client and admin both receive copies of the order confirmation.

3. The client and admin both receive copies of the new invoice generated.

4. The client makes payment, and a receipt is generated and sent to the client and admin (it was configured to auto-provision after payment is made).

5. The clientc's account is set up in WHM automatically and I can access their new control panel using the details displayed in their client portal. However, no welcome email containing these details is sent to the client or admin at all.

Also, the domain should automatically register but it is not. I am using a module for that (.co.za Domain Registrations) so I guess that could be a module troubleshooting issue. For now I just really want the welcome mails to be working...

I'm not sure if I've missed a setting somewhere - I did try to find anything that could be the culprit. If any one has any ideas what I might be doing wrong, any help would be *massively* appreciated!

Did you select the welcome email under Setup > Products/Services > Edit?

Are you able to send the welcome email manually using the "Send Message" dropdown at the bottom of the client's Products/Services tab?

Thanks for your reply. I can send it manually and the products/services configuration is set to "Automatically setup the product as soon as the first payment is received". I cleared the invoice as payment received. Is that what you meant or is there another setting I should be checking?

In Setup --> Product/Services --> Click the Edit Icon Next To The Product --> Under the details Tab there is a drop down list called Welcome Email. Ecah product needs to have the correct email set in that drop down list.

Yep, that one is set to "Hosting Account Welcome Email", and that e-mail exists in the e-mail templates.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
I too am having this problem with the email not sending properly any fixes????

I don't know why but I decided for the time being to send it out manually. Kind of stinks... Perhaps this is happening because I am manually accepting pending orders? Are you fully automated or do you use a different setting?

Pete

I have it set to automatically set up in the products/area is that right?

I did notice that when someone signs up, their order ispending but I dont know how to fix this. How do I make so that the orders are not reading as pending and become active right away.

• WHMCS Support Manager

Please review http://whmcs.com/tutorials.php?i=autosetup

If that doesn't help please open a support ticket with your admin login details and we can investigate individual setups. There are too many variables to be able to diagnose from generalised public descriptions of the problem.

• 11 months later...