Development License, with a reseller, what next?

Fizzadar

OK, so I bought WHMCS through a reseller because it's cheaper, seemed like a clever thing to do.

Of course, I was never told about the restrictions on reseller licenses.

So, I applied for a developer license so I could locally integrate my new design into my WHMCS installation, but was told I couldn't have one.

So, WHMCS, what exactly should I do? You can't expect me to integrate a new design on a production site can you? Am I to be forced into piracy JUST to develop my new design locally? Or what other options do I have?

If I had been warned, I would understand, but the fact I wasn't is just unfair. Poor show by the reseller, poor show.

Buying from a reseller is NOT a clever idea at all specially when you are expecting everything directly from WHMCS. So it's better to pay extra $2 or $3 per month :)

I would recommend you to buy monthly license directly from WHMCS from next month or you can signup for 15 day trial if you can complete integration in 15 days ;)

In my case, i asked WHMCS for trial license for testing my integration but they issued me developer license :) that's advantage of buying directly from WHMCS .....

If you're just doing template stuff, even an expired trial license will work just fine. You just won't be able to access the admin area as far as I know.

Yes, but you have to enable / disable different functions from admin area for testing .. So admin area access would be necessary.

I didn't buy direct because I didn't see an reason to do so (no one warns you).

Anyway, I'll just use my current license/db and not have admin access, I can just manually change everything in the database I need anyway, so there's no issue.

But my point still stands as above, there really should be some kind of warning.