Service (order) expiry reminder?

visualtron

I'm not sure I understand, orders don't have an expiry date and product/services are the same thing. Can you clarify what you mean?

Please find the screen as follows:

I'm providing a free service as part of another order, but this service runs for only a period of time. In the example below, registration date is 23 august, and next due date is on 23 august 2012. I've set the product to auto-terminate end of cycle. As i undersand, next due date refers to "end of cycle"?

A month or so before the service expires, i want to send an email informing the customer about the impending expiry, and to provide an option to continue the service at a fee. How can this be done?

expiry.jpg

A month or so before the service expires, i want to send an email informing the customer about the impending expiry, and to provide an option to continue the service at a fee. How can this be done?

By adding a price, and generating an invoice 30 days before due date?

By adding a price, and generating an invoice 30 days before due date?

Thanks for helping with my issue. The tricky part is that I can't generate an invoice automatically as my client may not want to continue the subscription. Subscription is not compulsory, but these are corporate people and they don't like to receive unexpected invoices.

To understand further, I'm selling a software that bundles with free first year technical support service, and i'm using the $0.00 order only for the purpose of tracking the one year period, and hopefully create a cron script that can remind them 30 days before the 'order' or service expires.

Should they decide to renew, I'll create a new order that has a price - as you previously mentioned - which will continuously generate an invoice 30 days before due date.

Edited by clickndeploy

Thanks for helping with my issue. The tricky part is that I can't generate an invoice automatically as my client may not want to continue the subscription. Subscription is not compulsory, but these are corporate people and they don't like to receive unexpected invoices.

To understand further, I'm selling a software that bundles with free first year technical support service, and i'm using the $0.00 order only for the purpose of tracking the one year period, and hopefully create a cron script that can remind them 30 days before the 'order' or service expires.

Should they decide to renew, I'll create a new order that has a price - as you previously mentioned - which will continuously generate an invoice 30 days before due date.

John, do you have any comments?

I guess you could create a script that checks the Next Due Date of products and then send a notification to clients, then use a cron to automate it.

Hi John, thanks. Can you please help point on where the Next Due Date is stored? I tried looking through the database tables on PHPMyAdmin but to no avail.