WHMCS support tickets

chuckt101

Hello, I've been using the WHMCS helpdesk for a while now and am considering a 3rd party app. Before I do, I was wondering if there were plans to include (or if they are already in and I just haven't noticed) the following features:

1. Ability to include the original text in replies. I noticed when replies are being made to clients, their original email is stripped and the only way they can see it is by checking their outbox or logging into the support center. It would be nice if there was an option to append their original message in the reply.

2. Ability to change the ticket's "originator". For example, I have CPanel reporting errors to a department I created. I'd like to be able to transfer that ticket to the actual user to let the user know any errors/issues are being worked on.

3. Have the ticket notes on the main screen.

4. Ability to manually remove the "xxx viewed this ticket and started making a reply..." line. Sometimes I accidentally type in the box or decide not to respond and let other support staff do it but the tag just sits there and confuses the support staff

or

5. Ability to have "locks" on tickets while you're updating it so 2 people are replying at the same time. Perhaps a "checkout" function while you edit the file and having it check back in when you submit the response.

Overall, i'm pleased with the helpdesk but I think these features would really streamline operations.

Thanks,

Charles

• WHMCS Support Manager

1. Click the speech bubble icon in the top-right corner of the client's message to quote that message in your reply.

2. You can assign a ticket to a client via the Option tab.

3 & 4. You are welcome to edit /admin/templates/*your active template*/viewticket.tpl to make that change.

5. You could flag the ticket to yourself so that other staff members cannot see it to avoid any confusion.

Thanks for the response.

I found a bug with the ticket system though. If the subject field contains the brace symbols "{ }", the system won't be able to reply to messages. It's easier to show you so view this video:

http://screencast.com/t/ZjE4ZTBh

It shows a "normal" subject and a successful email reply followed by a failed reply due to unsupported characters in the subject followed by editing the subject again to get the system to work once more.

Not sure if this has been reported.

Thanks,

Charles

• 3 months later...

2. You can assign a ticket to a client via the Option tab.

John,

We created an open ticktes@....com email so when a client sends us an email about "fix this or change that or look at this" we want to forward the email, clean up the subject line and create a ticket automatically.

We have this working with a forwarder and piping and the ticket is created but I don't see an option to "assign to client" on the options tab looking at the support ticket?

I do see Client ID is set to "0". Are we suppose to look up the client ID??? I would think we could choose form our client list?

One other item I see in the forums people talk about "Help Desk" and I presume that is the same as Support Tickets?

We have this working with a forwarder and piping and the ticket is created but I don't see an option to "assign to client" on the options tab looking at the support ticket?

I do see Client ID is set to "0". Are we suppose to look up the client ID??? I would think we could choose form our client list?

Use the intelligent search to find the client id, and type it in.

There's some code somewhere on the forum to convert the client id field to a client list dropdown.

• 1 month later...
Use the intelligent search to find the client id, and type it in.

There's some code somewhere on the forum to convert the client id field to a client list dropdown.

I just got back to this today and searched for the above mentioned code in the forums but cannot find it?

Any other search ideas or where I can find the code to change client id in options to a drop down client list?

Thanks