Invoice # corruption?? Anyone else experience this??

1. If I log into the whmcs admin and browse a client, then click on the invoices tab to view all his invoices.

2. When I click on a invoice # such as 123 to view it, the invoice page itself states in the header Invoice #555, but within the details it says invoice #123.

3. If I use the intelligent search and type in 123, it shows that specific invoice as belonging to a completely different client than step 2.

The reason we found out about this issue is because when we contacted one of our clients for payment, he claimed he made the payment and sent us the email confirmation on it. We are however still unable to verify his payment transaction in paypal.

While creating the support ticket to WHMCS i was going through the steps to see the error, and noticed this issue exists for every single one of my clients. Invoice #'s are just not matching up.

--------

Side note:

I contacted support and gave them ftp info and admin login information, but I mean.. this is a live website with live clients and sensitive information.

Should I give them so much access, is my client data safe(as in security wise and data wise), I've never had to contact them before so I'm not sure what precautions if any I should take or even how they treat or handle sensitive information.

Any advice, comments suggestions on how this may have occurred, how to prevent it from happening again, and about giving whmcs access is greatly appreciated.

Thank you in advance.

Edited by Damainman

Also relating to the above, I have no idea why the client received a payment confirmation as paid from the system.... I looked in the "Gateway Transaction Log" and can not find anything relating to the payment. Have no idea how to go about this.

• WHMCS CEO
When I click on a invoice # such as 123 to view it, the invoice page itself states in the header Invoice #555, but within the details it says invoice #123.

It just sounds like you've got Proforma/Sequential Paid Invoice Numbering enabled. Ensure you actually want that option enabled in General Settings > Invoicing and disable if not.

Matt