WHMCS Live Help Review

Si

Does anyone know if / when stardevelop plans on adding Windows 8 support? I currently can't install the application (in either compatibility mode or "run as administrator"), and if it's going to take a few more months, I might as well remove it from my site, and cancel my monthly service payments.

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Does anyone know if / when stardevelop plans on adding Windows 8 support? I currently can't install the application (in either compatibility mode or "run as administrator"), and if it's going to take a few more months, I might as well remove it from my site, and cancel my monthly service payments.

best bet is to contact them direct http://livehelp.stardevelop.com/index.htm

Hi,

They have a new version available now that supports Windows 8, though I have yet to install it.

They also have an updated version of the server side software though I have had issues with installing it - previous versions have been fine.

Have a ticket with them for the install issue which they will be looking at on Monday.

Hi,

Still having a two issues with the latest release that I have coma across.

The chat logging is still not quite using the ticket masking feature of WHMCS v5.1, though it is almost fixed.

The chat that is logged shows the staff members username rather than the name shown during the chat, hopefully this will be fixed soon.

If they could just get official support for adding IP's to ignore so when staff are on our site or logged in as a client they are not picked up it would be great.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

So, I tried the chat and I just have to say a few things...

The web client is horrible from a usability standpoint. The font is hard to read and the overall design is not very well thought out.

Is there no sound for incoming chat alerts in the web client? Or did I miss something?

PC app is better, but does not work for me since I'm a Mac. PC app still look very dated though.

Another thing, the client chat resets when you reload or switch page. Whats up with that? Only thing that works is the popup chat.

Probably will go back to zopim even if there is no integration. Maybe even go chatless, cause this is worse than being without a chat tbh.

• 7 months later...

A bit late to join in but even now, almost 2 years later, the live chat addon don't work as expected and I am on this forum and all over the internet to try and get it work.

As somebody put it two years ago, no real "integration" with WHMCS. Still not even show in the addon list. Not even a link to the (separate) live chat admin.

My problem is I download the windows desktop app but clicking on setup.exe just gave a brief install flash and then it's gone. I have NET 4 installed but the desktop app don't install.......

I am well aware that it's a third party application, but I for one, PAY WHMCS for this addon and thus regard WHMCS as the first point of contact for help.

• 1 month later...

Been using Live Help for about 9 months and it's great.

The website integration is easy, I have it in my WHMCS install and on my main hosting site which uses WordPress. I also use the multi domain license and it's used on my web design business site also.

The only problem I have had is sometimes the Live Help Windows Desktop Application forgets the login info, so I need to re-login using the URL, Username and Password. Other then that happening couple times a month it's great. It's a shame the Desktop Application has no check for updates feature, not sure if it's the latest version or not???

I also use the Live Help Android App, great for when I'm on the road or holidays! Works well on my HTX One X...