Password Reminder does not appear to work

t0uk3tsu

Hi,

I am currently trying to debug an issue that I am experiencing with a client's website. The client's site has recently had a large overhaul which included customisation of WHMCS templates as well as being upgraded to WHMCS 4.02. The passwordreminder.tpl template was not one of the templates that was changed.

The issue that we are experiencing is that after a user clicks <Validate> on the passwordreminder.php page, nothing happens. The page posts back to itself but nothing appears to happen, the page is just refreshed and the email field is set back to blank.

No password reset email appears to be being received either - which would indicate to me that this is a fault with the .php file rather than the templates which we have applied.

The two changes that I am aware of related to passwordreminder in Release 4.02 are that the .tpl file was updated to include the ability to ask the user a security question, and the \Lang\English.txt file was updated to include customisations for the password reminder buttons.

Both of these changes have definitely been applied to my client's site.

The only thing I can think of is that there was an upgrade expected to passwordreminder.php that never occured properly during the upgrade process. The current size and last modified details of that file in the site currently is:

7,208 bytes - last modifed at 26th August 2009

Can anyone provide any guidance on this issue?

Thanks