My cost for domains not being deducted

redham

Hi,

Is there any way to get my cost for the domains I resell to my clients deducted as an expense?

When you go to a client's "Transactions" where a domain was purchased there is a place titled "Amount Out". How can I get the price I have to pay for the domain entered into that field?

I pay $8.95 for each domain and if it isn't deducted from the transaction amount I am not getting an accurate financial report and worse will have to pay tax on that amount.

I use to do it manually but now I'm so busy I forget it and I don't want to go through tracking down 90 domains times the years of renewals to enter that data. If I were a little more handy working with databases I suppose I could do it in a reasonably short time.

Am i missing something about how to do this or would it be a good addition for a future release?

OK Let me try this.

Is there a certain database column or table that I could go into and add my cost for the domain to the client's transactions? It would have to be the client's transaction list because that is where the space for "Cost" is located. OR, does "cost" have it's own column and is there a way I could ID which ones are for domain purchases?

Thanks

We use ENOM and pay in bulk up front, We add this to the transactions list as a cost when we charge our account (same as server costs or any other costs we incur) . I am assuming you pay for each domain purchase separately? Could you not just add up the costs and put in a debit once a month?

We do the same as you, and you get better price if you buy in bulk...

We use ENOM and pay in bulk up front, We add this to the transactions list as a cost when we charge our account (same as server costs or any other costs we incur) . I am assuming you pay for each domain purchase separately? Could you not just add up the costs and put in a debit once a month?

Yes, I suppose that would be a crude way to do it but it would not give me any idea of the profit from each item I sell from eNom like SSL certificates and ID protect. Maybe if I dig around in the eNom site it can separate the sales.

It would just be a nice addition to WHMCS and doesn't seem that it would be that hard to include it for the different items sold via eNom.

Until it's included in WHMCS I will do it like that. Thanks you for the idea. It just hadn't occurred to me before.

Thanks

• 2 months later...

where is the best place to add a bulk transaction like this? I use server cost in the server general settings, but no other place for an admin to add transactions. Do you just keep a client that is "you" and add it there?