Integrating WHMCS with existing Plesk accounts

charagg

I was wondering if anyone could tell me how to setup hosting accounts that are already existing on my Plesk server. I've got everything working so that the accounts are setup when purchased through WHMCS, but need to integrate several accounts that had been added manually. Any suggestions? Thanks

AC

Can anyone help me on this one? I can't seem to find an anser in the documentation or in the forums on this one. Is it possible to set up existing Plesk accounts in WHMCS so that client's can access their hosting account via WHMCS? From what I've found, when an account is created in Plesk via WHMCS, the username and password are automatically generated. What do I do if these already exist in Plesk? Any help or direction is greatly appreciated.

Thanks

you can add a hosting manually and match the username of the pleskuser and the domain of the users domain.

the plesk password you have to set new with module function "change" password.

be careful with "create" and "terminate" button on product/services page. this would erase the existing vhost of your client server.

importing plesk hosting/domaintemplates is very difficult. you have to read out all the limits and set the new domaintemplate. but this is always if you run an own plesk module.

OK, skip the last request. I've setup and tested a couple accounts and it worked well. Thanks.

I'm still having issues accessing the Plesk hosting account when logging into WHMCS as the client. I go to My Services, and try to login to Plesk, I am unable to login to the account. The first thing I notice is that the Plesk login username is automtically showing up as the domain (i.e. mydomain.com). The actual hosting account/ftp account username is 'mydomain'. So, the question is what am I doing wrong here? Do I need to something in Plesk? The username/password I am using is the hosting account username/password, which is also their FTP un/pw.

Once I setup the client, generate their bill, and send them their WHMCS login/password, I'd like for them to be able to login to Plesk on their own so they can access their emails, DNS, etc.. I followed the instructions on the documentation above, but am still having this issue.

Your help is appreciated.

Thanks

I go to My Services, and try to login to Plesk, I am unable to login to the account. The first thing I notice is that the Plesk login username is automtically showing up as the domain (i.e. mydomain.com). The actual hosting account/ftp account username is 'mydomain'.

1. Is this an imported plesk account?

2. What username is set on field "username" in Backend->Clients Profile->Products/Services ?

3. is it "mydomain" or "mydomain.com"?

WHMCS Plesk Module:

i think i remember that the original plesk servermodule sets username (= plesk client login) as 8char snippet from "mydomain.com".

on "Create" it sets by standard "username" and FTP-Login for the Pleskdomain (vhost) as the same. Password is the same, too.

When you say "imported", I followed the steps for Manual Client Entry on the Wiki page referenced above. As far as the username, it is set to "mydomain". However, the username I used is actually the ftp login username that was setup when I created the account in Plesk. This could have been anything, I just chose to use the domain as the username for easy reference.

As far as your last comment regarding WHMCS Plesk Module - you've got me?? I've created one account via WHMCS and it worked like a charm. The username was a snippet of the domain as you put it and the password was automatically created.

However, in the case of manual client entry, the password doesn't seem to be working. I also noticed that when the account was created using WHMCS, the username transferred over to the FTP username in Plesk. However, if I updated the password in Plesk, the account was not changed in WHMCS.

Any other thoughts?

Thanks

Backend->Clients Profile->Products/Services

1. fill in the field "Password" + "Save Changes" Button

2. click Module COmmands: "Change Password" Button (if the account on plesk exists the plesk module changes the password to the new value)

Thanks, but I was only able to complete step one. I am not presented with an option "Change Password" next to the Module Commands field. I only show Create, Suspend, Unsuspend, and Terminate. The Suspend and Unsuspend are working. Also, after I updated the password, I logged in as client and tried to access plesk and again, username was pre-filled as mydomain.com vs. mydomain.