cancel order

floyd

Why is it that when I cancel a service under the Products/Services tab for a client the order itself remains active? Its seems it should set the order as canceled as well.

I also closed the client's account and yet the order remains active. What would be the purpose of an active order on a closed account?

The Product/Service page shows me the order number so its not completely separate. Its seems like when I cancel the service it should cancel the order. In reality the order cannot be active if the service is not active.

When I close the account it seems like it should cancel the service and order as well. After all how can there be an active order on a closed account?

So when I close an account there are 3 steps I have to make. I have to cancel the service, cancel the order, then close the account. Why can't closing the account do everything? In a real world situation there cannot possibly be anything that is really active within a closed account.

• WHMCS Support Manager

Because you might only want to terminate one product, but an order can contain several products.

To simplify things you could just cancel the order - this will automatically terminate all the products on the order,

Then close the client's account.

Having a cancelled account but leaving the order active won't have any detrimental effects.