New Client Side Templates

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• WHMCS CEO

There's no reason (if Tracy agrees) that this couldn't be incorporated into the standard WHMCS download package and then I'll keep it up to date in each new release! I quite like the client area icons so as long as there's no copyright issues with using them...

Matt

There's no reason (if Tracy agrees) that this couldn't be incorporated into the standard WHMCS download package and then I'll keep it up to date in each new release! I quite like the client area icons so as long as there's no copyright issues with using them...

Matt

Sweet :D

Matt

I don't mind at all.

The icons are from the fam fam fam collection

http://www.famfamfam.com/lab/icons/silk/

I think an attribution with a link back to him in your readme is all that he wants. Not a bad deal.

Matt

Matt, since I am working on validating the portal template for the Beta right now; If I were to code it to use the Silk (famfamfam) icons with it, would that be okay?

I'm actually about 45% done with the overall design and so far it works in FF/Opera/IE6/IE7. It's just a matter of "converting" the rest of the template files and then I should be done with it =)

.tpl what exe that file? i hv already dwlnd that template & extract 2 my HDD(success) but when i want to see the result,windows cant open that.Why?

You can edit the file in notepad, but why would you want to open it up on your desktop? its worthless on there.

.tpl what exe that file? i hv already dwlnd that template & extract 2 my HDD(success) but when i want to see the result,windows cant open that.Why?

Hi Bee,

Template (.tpl) files are not application files (.exe). These are templates assigned to individual .php files. e.g. the header.tpl and footer.tpl are assigned to the index.php (just one of many) file which then display as the top and bottom portions of the page when presented in a web browser. They work as an include to the main page.

If you are simply wanting to preview this template you can take a look at Tracy's Screen Shots.

I hope that helps.

Cheers,

Rob

You can edit the file in notepad, but why would you want to open it up on your desktop? its worthless on there.

Yeah, that's the only downfall about using the template files, is that you really can't work on them locally, but opening the .tpl in any editor will allow you to edit the files.

The easiest way is if you can just use an FTP program that has an editor built into it. Then you can just use one program to edit/upload.

Yeah, that's the only downfall about using the template files, is that you really can't work on them locally, but opening the .tpl in any editor will allow you to edit the files.

The easiest way is if you can just use an FTP program that has an editor built into it. Then you can just use one program to edit/upload.

If you are running OS X I reccomend BBEdit. Out of all editors I use/have used, none compare IMO. There ain't nothing that can't be done in BBEdit.

If you are running OS X I reccomend BBEdit. Out of all editors I use/hav used, none come close IMO. There ain't nothing that can't be done in BBEdit.

BBEdit is way bloated. Textmate or Coda, but again, all personal preference.

I just use VI on linux, and cuteFTP on Windows.

BBEdit is way bloated. Textmate or Coda, but again, all personal preference.

I agree, BBEdit is very bloated (now) but I guess it comes down to what you become comfortable with.

I just use VI on linux, and cuteFTP on Windows.

I also use VI via OS X Terminal and cuteFTP on Windows and OS X. All great tools of the trade.

I love cuteftp pro and have been running it for years. i really wish it had PHP syntax recognition and formatting available. I still use 7.x, even though i paid for the 8.x upgrade. It had cpu usage bugs and i didnt like it that much when i last tried it.

LOL, we are so off topic and these last posts should probably be split into a new thread. mod? =P

LOL, we are so off topic and these last posts should probably be split into a new thread. mod? =P

:lol:I was just about to post a similar statement.. sorry 'bout that bee. What were we talk'n 'bout anyways?:wink:

I have never used this (this is my first time) on first views it's looking good.

However the title of all the pages shows as - "Web Hosting - Support"

The general config sitename is correct etc, and it shows it with other templates.

Any suggestions?

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...