Ip solution!

Trad

My host sets the WHM up on a tra.domainname.com and I created an account on a VPS server with the hosting domain http://www.domainname.com

When I went to set up the WHMCS, it said that the domainname.com IP did not match.

The WHM was xxx.xx.xxx.234

the main hosting domain was xxx.xx.xxx.241 (both above and here are dedicated.

I changed the hosting domain to the same as IP as the WHM and then installed the WHMCS on the hosting domain and all went well.

Now because of the sensitive transactions that will take place on the WHMCS and main hosting domain, I planned on installing a signed SSL certificate which requires a dedicated IP but each new account I sign up is assigned to the tra.domainname.com

I cannot remove the clients from the shared Ip of the WHM and Hostgator ask if I could get the IP changed so the license would validate.

Can I get the IP changed so that I can install the SSL on the http://www.domainname.com and do I request a support ticket?

Thx for any help.

Ok, the IP was added to the Hostgator's whitelist. They also said the license was reapplied to the new IP and domain so I do not think I will need to turn in a support ticket since Hostgator did it all from their end.

Thanks again for your help.

Ronald.