whmcsdomains.com

Roger

• WHMCS CEO

Hi,

Yep that's Enom's new site ("Instant Reseller" I think they call it) for us. I believe it's part of their drive to brand things more directly to the reseller you signup through so that they don't get contacted directly for support. It is definitely legitimate though and exactly the same as logging in directly @ http://www.enom.com

Matt

• 2 weeks later...

Here is proof this domain is sneaky about renewals.

Dear Customer,

Your RapidSSL certificate will expire in 14 Days! It is critical that you renew your certificate as soon as possible in order to ensure that your website's sensitive information remains secure.

Depending on how quickly you renew, GeoTrust will add up to 3 months to your new certificate to allow you to renew today without losing any of your existing certificate validity period.

RENEW TODAY

To renew your certificate, please do the following:

1. Go to http://www.whmcsdomains.com.

2. Login to your account.

3. Buy a new RapidSSL certificate.

4. Follow the same configuration procedure as you did for your previous cert.

5. Make sure the Certificate Signing Request (CSR) for your new certificate contains the same Domain Name as your previous certificate.

6. Submit the cert configuration.

The renewal process will only take a few minutes, so please take this opportunity to renew your certificate today.

If you have already renewed your certificate, please disregard this notice.

Thank you for choosing RapidSSL certificate again!

Sincerely,

WHMCS Domains

This email came directly from a client of mine. Either this will stop or I will file a complaints with US Dept. of Commerce, Federal Trade Commission and ICANN.

Part of the email headers includes....

From - Wed May 5 02:44:01 2010

Return-Path: <domains@whmcs.com>

Received: from combox2 ([69.64.157.20]) by mail-02.notify-customer.com with Microsoft SMTPSVC(6.0.3790.3959);

Wed, 5 May 2010 02:30:21 -0700

MIME-Version: 1.0

To: xxxxxxx

Reply-To: domains@whmcs.com

Date: 5 May 2010 02:30:21 -0700

Notice the domains@whmcs.com reply and from address.

Edited by sgrayban
added email headers

• WHMCS CEO

That doesn't look like an email about a domain expiry but rather an SSL certificate? Any emails that get sent are emails Enom are sending on our behalf so you would need to talk to Enom directly regarding this if you feel it is an error. My understanding is Enom won't email your customers apart from requesting WHOIS updates but for SSL's that might be different.

The emails are deceiving when the clients have brought products from any of us using enom which is considered phishing by any web standards and since they are acting on your behalf you should be addressing this not us.

I don't care how you view it but I have to deal with clients that are pretty pissed of about it not you.

If you log into your enom account you can select for enom not go send any emails to your clients. Also, if you enter your email address in the enom system then any emails sent by enom will be from your email address.

As othellotech said, perhaps you should learn how to use your enom account first, before having a childish fit.

If you log into your enom account you can select for enom not go send any emails to your clients. Also, if you enter your email address in the enom system then any emails sent by enom will be from your email address.

As othellotech said, perhaps you should learn how to use your enom account first, before having a childish fit.

It is set - I made double sure it was set.

whmcsdomains.com is hosted on a U.S. server so they do have to follow US laws and I have filed my complaints of fraud.

Even calling Enom as Matt suggested was pointless as they blamed Matt for doing it since they claim they have no control nor did they ever give technical help and no sponsorship. Enom also verified that my settings are correct and that any renews or emails sent on my behalf would direct my clients to my site and not whmcsdomains.com.

Frankly I don't care if I even get banned for this. It's fraud and unethical. And emails sent to my clients from whmcsdomains.com are being saved.

Yeh right. As in the other thread (http://forum.whmcs.com/showthread.php?p=149513), you seem to have a vendetta against whmcs. Frankly why are you using it?

Frankly, you would get on a lot better discussing the issue calmly with Matt than you would by throwing a fit.

1) It is possible that you have a setting error with your enom account.

2) It is possible that Matt has a setting error with his enom account.

Discussing the issue with him calmly, might help to find the problem. Making wild accusations, without even attempting to find out if it is an error, is not going to get you anywhere.

Edited by HostOrca

whmcsdomains.com is hosted on a U.S. server so they do have to follow US laws.

The site files and etc on the US server belong to ENOM and NOT WHMCS, so in that case the US law only applies to ENOM as whmcsdomains.com is part of WHMCS which is a UK business, which US laws have no authority