Support Tickets Marked Answered

ninak

I asked this question a few days ago but it seems to have flown away someplace.

When a client submits a support ticket, we get a copy in our email, but we also get a copy of the email and it shows that we are the sender and the support ticket gets marked as answered before we can even answer it. Is there something that we should do to fix this.

Could you go into detail about your system's setup please? The way you've phrased your question is really confusing & at least to me, it makes no sense.

When a client submits a support ticket, we get a copy in our email, but we also get a copy of the email

Why do you get a copy of the email? At least with my system, I have the email pipe setup so a client just emails support@example.com, the system automatically opens a ticket & notifies the appropriate department.

the support ticket gets marked as answered before we can even answer it.

The only thing that I can think of that would cause that is if you have an auto-responder that's responding to the email notification that a new support ticket was created? If that's the case, it's redundant & I'd disable it. WHMCS already emails a confirmation to the client, you don't need to do it yourself.

• WHMCS Support Manager

You originally posted in the bug reports forum. This isn't a bug, so was removed as is the stated policy.

This problem is caused by having one of your administrator's using the same email address as a support department. Change the email address of the administrator to resolve.

Thank you John,

We don't have any auto responders set up because I don't like them.

Below is how we set up the forwarders for the pipe

billing@fdwhostingco.com to |/home/fdwhosti/public_html/clients/pipe/pipe.php

hostinggroup@fdwhostingco.com to |/home/fdwhosti/public_html/clients/pipe/pipe.php

sales@fdwhostingco.com to |/home/fdwhosti/public_html/clients/pipe/pipe.php

sales@free-domain-withhosting.com to thebigguy@tampabay.rr.com

support@fdwhostingco.com to |/home/fdwhosti/public_html/clients/pipe/pipe.php

support@free-domain-withhosting.com to support@fdwhostingco.com

Here is what happens when a client does a support ticket.

JAMES SPONHEIM

Client

Delete Support Ticket 04/08/2010 13:53

Thank you for your submisstion. I think it's great.

Now.....I'm not sure what it's going to cost me initally, what the monthly costs are, how often I can updae, and any charges for updates. If you could break it down that way for me, I would really appreciate it.

Skip Sponheim

========================================================

(This is what the client gets right away)

Janina Kacprzynski

Staff

Delete Support Ticket 04/08/2010 13:53

A new support ticket has been opened.

Client: Skip Sponheim

Department: Sales

Subject: Re: Quote #3 - MCL 1002 WEB SITE

Priority: Medium

Thank you for your submisstion. I think it's great.

Now.....I'm not sure what it's going to cost me initally, what the monthly costs are, how often I can updae, and any charges for updates. If you could break it down that way for me, I would really appreciate it.

Skip Sponheim

========================================================

You can respond to this ticket by simply replying to this email or by logging into the administration area.

https://www.fdwhostingco.com/clients/admin/

Skip Sponheim

Marine6@TampaBay.rr.com

Delete Support Ticket 04/08/2010 14:32

OK........you got me. I have no idea what this is, nor does it answer the questing I sent along.

Please answer my question and then we can go from there.

Skip Sponheim

The client gets the copy of his support ticket and it is marked as answered in WHMCS and which ever department it was to go to gets a copy of both in their e-mail notification.

I hope this explained it. (none of our departments have the same e-mail address.)

Edited by ninak