Test client to test WHMCS

Zamirathe

I have searched the forums, looked through the documentation, and I couldn't find anything but references to creating a test client to test all the functions.

So how does one go about creating a test client and actually testing everything? Now, I did create an account with no products, but I want to test the email templates I'm working on, but don't want to actually buy anything. I would like to make sure once an order is set, it does actually send to Paypal to pay.

What does setting test mode to on for the payment gateway and the domain registrar actually do?

I have everything else configured correctly, except for all the domains because I got tired of entering the prices. Wish I could just copy all the prices to a new domain. Now I am ready for basic testing, and kind of confused how to do so.

Another question, since I don't want to open a new thread for it, does the upgrade/downgrade option allow you to just add a configurable option instead of changing packages? If so, will it automatically update their disk space and bandwidth extras they ordered in their limits both in WHMCS and Cpanel/WHM?

• WHMCS Support Manager

The only way to fully test everything is to sign up via the shopping cart just as a normal client would.

However you can create a client via the admin area under Clients > Add New Client. Then click the "Add New Order" link.

Another question, since I don't want to open a new thread for it, does the upgrade/downgrade option allow you to just add a configurable option instead of changing packages?

If the "Configurable Options" option under Setup > Product/Services > Edit > Upgrades tab is ticked a separate option will appear for this.

If so, will it automatically update their disk space and bandwidth extras they ordered in their limits both in WHMCS and Cpanel/WHM?

If you have purchased the configurable package addon, yes.http://whmcs.com/configurableaddon.php

f you have purchased the configurable package addon, yes.http://whmcs.com/configurableaddon.php

Unfortunately I don't have the funds to add this addon at this time. I am assuming then that WHMCS will keep the information and I would just have to edit the customer's account in Cpanel/WHM correct?