Send email when support ticket is replied to via WHMCS portal

PJamie

We don't get that many support requests, and we don't spend our time being glued to ticket systems or portals waiting for tickets to arrive. At the moment we use Smarterticket, and whenever someone replies to a ticket via email or via the web interface the system sends an email to inform us. It all works pretty well.

We want to start using WMHCS and we have email piping working correctly, but if a client creates a new ticket or replies to an existing one from the WHMCS portal, we don't know about it unless we are logged in ourselves.

I know we can "hide" the support address from appearing in the portal, but that is only a partial solution. There's 2 reasons for that.

1. If you have any other support department e.g. sales, set up, that will display if it isn't hidden. When people have a support request, and are logged into the system, you just know that when they click on "Support Tickets", can't find a link for the "support" department but see one for "sales" or "billing", they wil click on one of these instead.

2. If they have an open ticket, it displays when they are logged in to WHMCS - even when the department is "hidden" - so they are able to reply to the ticket. Again, if we aren't logged in to WHMCS, we don't see their reply.

So, the question is, does anyone have a way to make WHMCS send an email to an outside email address when a new ticket is received, or an existing ticket is replied to, via the portal so that we can be informed when it happens?

• 2 months later...

Interesting... Something I'm curious about, or could it be a WHMCS setting or issue.

Support tickets can be open by non-clients; that is clients that do not have an account in the system. All my email settings are working fine. The non-client is able to update the ticket through the WHMCS area (he is not logged in). He can view replies from admin and send replies himself. This is a nice WHMCS feature...

The only thing is that I think this non-client should also receive an email copy of the ticket when admin sends a reply; and this non-client is NOT receiving this email. What do you think? I think he should receive an email, because in the meanwhile admin sends a reply, this non-client may wish navigate away from the ticket window.

Any thoughts? Is there something I can do?

Thanks.

Leo