Curl Error - Couldn't connect to host (7)

dalexander

For some reason out of the blue (I think it may have happened when my license ran out the first time, even though I renewed it shortly after) I stopped receiving database backups as well as email notifications of my current status through my cron job.

Then, I noticed that when I ran a create module for a new accout or tried to suspend an account it would simply sit for a while then shoot me to a blank page within the WHMCS template.

So, I have tried upgrading my WHMCS (which I have done successfully) I still can not run the module, or receive automated database backups although it provides me with mroe information on these errors. For example, when I run the module create and it fails I get a Curn Error - couldn't connect to host (7).

I have found some troubleshooting documentation that corresponds to this error but am unsure of what I would do to rememdy it, as I am not very familiar with server settings.

This response means you have a firewall blocking the connection. The port being used depends on what module you are using but for cPanel it would be 2086/2087, Plesk 8443, DirectAdmin 2222, etc...

If anyone has any insight it would be greatly appreciated, and do we think that this same CURL error is the reason I am no longer getting the automated backups?

Thanks in advance!