[NOT A BUG] Domain invoiced and renewed twice

frisco

A single domain registered a couple of years ago was automatically invoiced, paid, and renewed twice a few days apart just recently.

How do I prevent this from happening again at the next renewal?

Oddly, the registration date shows as a few weeks ago, not a few years ago, if that helps.

• 6 months later...

I had an issue that is may be related. Matt has to judge if this worth a new bug report or if it should be included here. My title would be "A second invoice created when manually activating a domain". Description:

I made for a client an order with domain registration and hosting and added some items to the invoice. Because the client was in a hurry and will pay cash later on I tried to register the domain manually by clicking the Register botton, this however failed. Because I did not have the time to fix this (the client is in a hurry) I decided to register the domain manually. Although at the moment the domain is still marked Pending, I remember that I changed it to active at some point and after a cron job a new invoice was generated.

The bug in my opinion is that under no circumstances a new invoice should be generated when there exists already one with the same domain. I understand that they are proforma invoices (the EU system) and the one that is marked payed will be the final valid invoice, but still the client will experience it as very confusing when there are two invoices for the same product he ordered. It is easy to interpret that as double billing. Also when a domain becomes manually active does not mean that a new invoice should be generated. It only means that next year this domain should be automatically renewed.