Affiliate commission questions regarding setup fees & addons

tech

Q1: If affiliate commission is set to a one time payment for a product, are Addon products handled at the default affiliate rate?

Q2: If affiliate commission is set to 100% for a product, are configuration options (that raise the product price) included in the 100%? Are setup fees included in the 100%?

Q3. Affiliate commission set to recurring - Does it only last while the cookie is present, or is it linked to the customer/order number, so the affiliate will actually get commission as long as that order is active, for life?

Does the billing cycle effect the affiliate commission? or can i make it do so?

For example, i may want to offer 100% of the first monthly billing - but can't offer that due to risk they'll sign up for a yearly cycle worth hundreds of dollars.

I could do a flat rate, but may want to offer more $ based on the billing cycle.

And I really need the feature of configurable options being included in commission. Those actually cost more than my main package itself - and I'd like a way to include my affiliates in the commission.

• 1 month later...
1. Addons do not attract commission.

2. Setup fees are not included. I'm not 100% on whether configurable options are included or not.

3. It's linked to the customer's product and will continue as long as the product is active.

HI! John,

I am using WHMCS Version 4.2.1 and just set up a new product with setup fees and configurable options. I also setup affiliates and enabled the product to pay out 10% on the product.

The problem is that its calculating 10% on the full shopping cart price.... which includes the setup charges and the configureable options.

Is there any way to omit these from being added while calculating the affiliate payout.

Look forward to your reply or from anyone else who knows about this in depth.

Thanks

Dothead

^edit of the above

1. Does the commission delay start as soon as the order is received (pending), or when it is marked as accepted?

2. Is commission credited for orders that are still pending (but not canceled)?

Does this commission show up for the affiliate under their pending credit due and stay there until the order is canceled?

3. What if an order is marked as accepted, but not paid - is commission still credited?

Edited by tech

• 2 weeks later...