vBLink 2.1 :: Forum Integration Suite for vBulletin 3 & 4 Released

vblink_logo_2.1-vb4.gif

I am pleased to announce the release of vBLink version 2.1; the WHMCS Forum Integration Suite for vBulletin. vBLink 2.1 is an advanced way to integrate your vBulletin forum and optional publishing suite into your WHMCS clientarea under one login! vBLink 2.1 is a completely new product from version 1, and also represents significant changes over 2.0; it has been refactored and built around our exclusive appCORE framework. vBLink 2.1 combines vBulletin and WHMCS into a complete login-sharing system with a complete management suite, and a fully-functional, expandable add-on module system making it easy to create 3rd party add-on modules for.

Like vBLink 2.0, release 2.1 is available in two owned licensing options; Pro and Development. Both licenses offer identical functionality, however only the development license includes complete, commented source code.

Whats new in v2.1?

• Complete vBulletin 4 support including publishing suite.
  • URL-based vBulletin login for sites where vBulletin and WHMCS are not even on the same domain.
  • New admin module for configuring clientarea forum home options.
  • Latest posts are now proxied through the clientarea forum home module to prevent insecure content warnings when using SSL.
  • Rebuilt around our appCORE framework.

What's fixed in v2.1?

• Loginshare cookie failure when WHMCS and vBulletin are on unique subdomains.
  • Insecure content warnings when using latest posts in Clientare Forum Home (forum.php).
  • PM Icons can be disabled to prevent insecure content warnings when using SSL.

vBLink 2.1 for vBulletin Core Features

• Client accounts can be linked to forum accounts.
  • Admin accounts can be linked to forum accounts.
  • Single sign-on for linked accounts; a login to WHMCS can log a client into the forum.
  • Single sign-off for linked accounts; a logoff to WHMCS can log a client out the forum.
  • Does not require access to decrypted, plain-text passwords.
  • No complex configuration files, in fact, no configuration files at all.
  • No code-modifications of any kind required for installation.
  • vBulletin and WHMCS can reside on physically separate servers (under the same domain).
  • Additional forum registration spam protection through the use of captcha and human puzzles.
  • Client area forum landing page displays the clients newest private messages and latest posts from the forum, along with authenticating link to forum.
  • No need to perform any initial account sync, vBLink works right out of the box!
  • Virtually all parts of vBLink are based on expandable, module-driven components.
  • Complete, vBulletin-side management system for managing vB-specific options.

A complete list of all included features, product tours, and screenshots can be found here. vBLink 2.1 can be seen in action here. vBLink licensees who pre-ordered vBulletin 4 support may upgrade to the vBulletin 4 version at any time without additional cost; simply open a support ticket with your request.

Pricing & Ordering:

• vBLink Pro 2.1 for vBulletin 3 (encoded) $69.99
  • vBLink Developer 2.1 for vBulletin 3 (full source) $119.99
  • vBLink Pro 2.1 for vBulletin 4 (encoded) $89.99
  • vBLink Developer 2.1 for vBulletin 4 (full source) $139.99

Both licenses are owned licenses and include 6 months of support and updates.

Special Launch Discount: The first 5 orders between now through February 28th can take 20% off the cost of any vBLink license. Use code vBLink21 when ordering.

Dice, thank you and please let me know if you need any assistance with it.

Mikael, your ticket has been answered, and yes since you pre-ordered vB4 support you may convert your license at any time, just respond to the ticket when you're ready.

I've also opened a version 2.2 feature request thread over in my forum if anyone is interested in making suggestion for the next release.

Dice, thank you and please let me know if you need any assistance with it.

I've also opened a version 2.2 feature request thread over in my forum if anyone is interested in making suggestion for the next release.

Fantastic News. I'm just waiting on the Server Admin to Upgrade PHP so Vbulletin 4.0 can run. Then I will install VBlink. Yes I've gone about this the wrong way. :P

So I think I'll be ready to hand out suggestions and bug finds in about 1 or 2 weeks the latest.

Thanks,

Thomas

• 2 weeks later...

So far I have found no issues with 4.2.1 in my testing so far, but due to being hit with a hard cold for the past 3 days I haven't been digging as deeply as I plan to. For those who want to make the optional clientsummary.tpl modification match the new look in 4.2.1 I've just posted a KB article with the updated code.

is there a way for this module to have the whmcs setup under one domain and the forum under a different domain on a seperate server?

Also is it possible to tie in 2 whmcs installs into vb with it?

we have a separate domain for hosting and server operations and the forums reside as a subdomain under one of those domains

• 3 weeks later...
Just purchased it. Can't wait to get the script and start playing with it. :)

Pardon me for asking, but exactly how long did you have to wait? Payment has been made here and I've not a word from the seller in over 24 hours.

I have found the download after poking around the site over there a bit more. I think my problem here is this is a bridge to connect vb and WHMCS, yet I'm not logged into those forums over there, I have no forum account there to login with. Yet I'm logged into the WHMCS over there.

Does this work or not?

I'm not sure if I've ever seen a more confusing site to navigate than that one. WOW!

I'm sorry, I've got no clue what that means.

I think what he means is that if you have made the payment already, you can find the script located in the "My Services" section of your account on the vBLink website [from where you purchased the script].

I think what he means is that if you have made the payment already, you can find the script located in the "My Services" section of your account on the vBLink website [from where you purchased the script].

Thanks, yes I found it and replied above, but my post went into moderation I guess.

The title of this is a bit misleading, IMO.

WHMCS Forum Integration Suite for vBulletin

Should really be called something like:

WHMCS Forum user account Integration Suite for vBulletin

I can't tell you what others read that title as, but I read it as integrating the two, including style. I'm not sure why I missed that small detail, but I did.

Pardon me for asking, but exactly how long did you have to wait? Payment has been made here and I've not a word from the seller in over 24 hours.

Strange, I have not been getting any notification e-mails from here for new posts or PMs lately so I did not see this post sooner. Orders are processed instantly upon successful payment, with one exception for any purchase that involves a developer license which includes source code. For those we manually perform additional order screening, which can take anywhere from a few minutes to 8-12 hours depending on the time of day you order was placed. We have to my knowledge never let an order sit for over 24 hours without approval. If that has happened in your case, please open a ticket with your order number and I will investigate it right away.

Thanks, yes I found it and replied above, but my post went into moderation I guess.

The title of this is a bit misleading, IMO.

WHMCS Forum Integration Suite for vBulletin

Should really be called something like:

WHMCS Forum user account Integration Suite for vBulletin

I can't tell you what others read that title as, but I read it as integrating the two, including style. I'm not sure why I missed that small detail, but I did.

I'm sorry that you feel that way, but I do disagree that the name of the product is misleading because it is much more than just a simple account integration as you would call it. The word "suite" was never meant to imply any style integration capability, but to indicate that it is a full featured, expandable integration with an add-on module system for extending compatibility with other vbulletin mods. Furthering this, in the next release we are going to be adding some neat stuff like the ability to automatically assign a client to a forum group based on certain product purchases.

As far as style integration goes, that will probably never happen in vBLink because there is no way to supply a one-size-fits-all style integration between WHMCS and vBulletin. I have already done extensive work on this for Boardoo with the intent of including it in vBLink at some point in the future, however given the technical challenges encountered such as technically diverse style and template systems, plus rapidly changing vBulletin 4 codebase (not to mention supporting 2 versions) it is not something we are going to pursue any further at this time.

Is it possible to add a custom feild to the registeration and use the input from this feild as the username for auto registration ?

Cheers

No, I'm sorry it is not. I dropped that feature from v1 because it is impossible to make it function correctly. Here's the problem, there is no effective way to check the availability of a username through a custom field during the registration/purchase process. Something could be rigged up using ajax, but even that isn't reliable. The ClientSignup actionhook in WHMCS does not offer any interaction with the signup process, it hands off the client account after it is created thus if the account is rejected by vBulletin (duplicate account, reserved name, etc) there is no way to alert the client that their forum account failed to create without interrupting the signup and/or checkout process itself.

Sorry, I wish I could have given you a better answer.

is there a way for this module to have the whmcs setup under one domain and the forum under a different domain on a seperate server?

Also is it possible to tie in 2 whmcs installs into vb with it?

we have a separate domain for hosting and server operations and the forums reside as a subdomain under one of those domains

Can anyone tell me if what i asked earleir is possible in relation to different whmcs installs and domains?

• 2 weeks later...

hey rmmcny,

Just started testing this and will provide feedback for all you fellas too.

First question. Installation was fine except that both my forums and whmcs were in password protected directories. So you might want to add that into the documentation (or possibly get it to work with username/password checking). Most people will test this mod in a test environment like we've done. Which means it quite likely will be password protected.

Now, I notice when i make the required template edits I can actually choose to link up a vb username from the whmcs backend. Will it be possible at all, to give users the privilege to do this? Now there is an issue with security so maybe do it like this.

1. user is in whmcs, he types in his vbulletin username + hits submit.

2. It sends a PM to that user in vb asking them to activate it using an activation link (if not use the vb email address and email them).

3. Once they click the link it auto syncs up.

Will this be possible at all?

I will continue to write messages here as i test the product more.

Thanks,

Thomas

• 1 month later...