Default Setup Info Not in database

jogrady

Hello,

I just did my first WHMCS install and ran into a problem. It appears all the default settings I entered during installation didn't make it into the database. To get logged in I've tried to manually populate my admin account info into the SQL table, but now when enter the user/pass my ip gets banned. I've cleared the ban a few times by deleting it from the ip ban table, but I still get the same result every time I try to log in again. What should I do? Is there a way to go back through the setup process so I can correctly populate the database? Unfortunately, I deleted my install folder so that may not even be possible.

Edited by jogrady
clarification, spelling.

I suggest you delete all the tables in your database, reupload your install folder and clear your configuration files.

You can get the folder from the client area on this site. Just redownload the whmcs package.

You cannot simply just enter data into a database. Passwords are encrypted by WHMCS. If you really wanted to I am sure you can find the WHMCS password encryption method on this forum, but it would just be easier to do a reinstall.

Okay... Looks like its fixed. Here is what I did in case someone else has the same issue...

uploaded a new copy of whmcs to web server

copied install directory into my original install folder.

deleted old config and copy new one. (remember to rename.)

deleted mysql user and database

created new one with more secure password (in case that might be the problem.)

made sure appropriate files had 777 perms.

Second time was the charm! No sure what went wrong the first time.