Portal Footer Not Updating

gmd8

Hi there- I'm trying to add my Kayako Live Support code button to the portal template sidebar and I added the following code to my footer: (it's supposed to connect to a different department if you're logged in or not)

{if $loggedin}
<!-- Begin SupportSuite Javascript Code -->
<script type="text/javascript" src="https://xyz.com/support/visitor/index.php?_m=livesupport&_a=htmlcode&departmentid=4"></script>
<!-- End SupportSuite Javascript Code -->
{else}
<!-- Begin SupportSuite Javascript Code -->
<script type="text/javascript" src="https://xyz.com/support/visitor/index.php?_m=livesupport&_a=htmlcode&departmentid=10"></script>
<!-- End SupportSuite Javascript Code -->
{/if}

I've added the code right after the sidebar in my footer.tpl file but it's not showing up on my template for some reason. I did also notice many files with the names %%02^02A^02A50310%%bulkdomainchecker.tpl.php and so on in my WHMCS main directory. They all have the header below. Anybody have any ideas as to why this won't update? Thanks.

<?php /* Smarty version 2.6.26, created on 2010-01-08 02:00:32
        compiled from hostingbeta/bulkdomainchecker.tpl */ ?>

• WHMCS Support Manager

If you've moved your templates_c directory you've set the $templates_compiledir path incorrectly.

If you haven't moved templates_c out of your main whmcs directory then delete the $templates_compiledir line from your configuration.php file.

You should delete all these template cache files.

Can you see the script in the source code? If not; try removing the files from the templates_c directory. The %%02^02A^02A50310%%bulkdomainchecker.tpl.php file which you've mentioned, is also in this directory.

-- EDIT: John was first ;)

Thanks for the quick reply! My config file actually had the main directory listed as the compile directory but I don't know how that happened. I changed it to the templates_c folder now that was previously empty. In terms of the supportsuite code not showing up, I looked at the footer.tpl file in that directory and the supportsuite code didn't appear, but I checked again and it is in the regular footer.tpl file in the /templates/portal directory. Why wouldn't it show? Thanks for your help.