Credit Card and Details on same page

arpowers

No, it goes cart > checkout > send to gateway > card details if appropriate (pay + send payment receipt)

I wish it went that way...

Please go to portal.pagelines.com and try to buy a product.. (these are all testing products)

You can fill in your info and then hit "complete purchase"-- which directs you to the credit card or merchant info page....

When you hit "complete purchase" -- (which is before you have entered your payment information)

Three things will happen

- I will be notified of a sale,

- you will be sent an 'order confirmation', and

- an open invoice will be generated.

All three of these things need to take place after payment info has been entered; but if you look at the WHMCS portal on PageLines, you will see that is not the case.

Edited by arpowers

No, it goes cart > checkout > send to gateway > card details if appropriate (pay + send payment receipt)

Please go to portal.pagelines.com and try to buy a product.. (these are all testing products)

You can fill in your info and then hit "complete purchase"-- which directs you to the credit card or merchant info page....

When you hit "complete purchase" -- (which is before you have entered your payment information)

Three things will happen

All three of these things need to take place after payment info has been entered; but if you look at the WHMCS portal on PageLines, you will see that is not the case.

Yea I hated that at first too and havent found a way to change it yet, there are some things that whmcs does that is not very "traditional" in checkout processes. However, I've kind of gotten used to that process and now its a good way for me to be able to capture and save the customers details in case the credit card is declined or they abandon checkout so I can follow up with them.

I think the biggest mistake in the design of the WHMCS checkout process is not having the ability to do an upsell after checkout, for example, capture the order and CC info THEN ask if they would like any upsells. You'll notice most shopping carts do this now such as 1shoppingcart and infusionsoft.

Three things will happen

A invoice has to be created first in order to be paid. Your customer cannot pay for a invoice that does not exist.

@BryanB thanks... glad someone is with me. I would

"A invoice has to be created first in order to be paid. Your customer cannot pay for a invoice that does not exist."

This makes it sound like it has to be this way. It doesn't and in my case it shouldn't.

As if I'm the first one to want a "normal" check out process.

Why can't WHMCS admit that its checkout process is "different"?

@BryanB thanks... glad someone is with me. I would

"A invoice has to be created first in order to be paid. Your customer cannot pay for a invoice that does not exist."

This makes it sound like it has to be this way. It doesn't and in my case it shouldn't.

As if I'm the first one to want a "normal" check out process.

Why can't WHMCS admit that its checkout process is "different"?

Yup, I've heard the same answers... There's a few other threads on here discussing this and upsells. It's hard to explain the importance of things like this to programmers and people who are not big on internet marketing, conversion and usability testing.

This is what I've done with my checkout pages: http://screencast.com/t/M2FkM2M5

I've removed all of the links and junk in the sidebar and simplified it so it takes them directly to the page where they fill in their info.

I'm not sure there is really much more that can be done without a lot of modification on whmcs. You may however, want to look into a custom order page using the API - it might be possible to do something like create a page that captures the account details and payment method and stores it, then once they press submit it processes that info, creates and invoice an charges it.

Personally, though the payment section doesnt bother me too much but the biggest restriction is with not being able to upsell after they put in their credit card information.

Edited by BryanB