Light Grey text site-wide

HSc

I am customizing the portal layout and throughout, there is a very light-grey font (example page: Submit Ticket, the description of what the department link is for). The template does not appear to have any style set and the body tags have no colour setting so I'm baffled why all this text keeps defaulting to a very light grey.

I can't find this setting in the css file.Can anyone point me to where this very light grey (looks like #777) is set?

Thanks.

HSc

Can you link the page you need to find this on?

Sorry, I don't understand your question.

Do you mean a link to MY site? If yes, I can send a screenshot.

Here's an example of the page on the WHMCS Demo:

http://demo.whmcs.com/submitticket.php

I notice that the light-grey font on the demo is about one or two levels darker than on my portal site.

/portal/style.css

.clientarealinks a {

color: #555555;

}

Without seeing it on your site (not a screen shot), that's just a guess.

I don't have anything called .clientarealinks in my style.css file

Also, the same grey color can be found throughout, not just when logged in. For example, on the portal home page, this text:

"Welcome to our Support Portal."

What is the CSS style tag for this text?

Is there a site-wide default? If so, where?

note: I am running the latest/current version of WHMCS

Thanks!

HSc

This is why I asked for a direct link to the page you're having a problem with. You say "it's on this page", I go look and guess what you are referring to, you come back and tell me it's wrong, I go guess again....

Kind of a time waster, don't you think? ;)

Try this:

In Style.css:

#content_container {

color:#666666;

text-align:left;

}

This is why I asked for a direct link to the page you're having a problem with. You say "it's on this page", I go look and guess what you are referring to, you come back and tell me it's wrong, I go guess again....

Kind of a time waster, don't you think? ;)

Try this:

In Style.css:

#content_container {

color:#666666;

text-align:left;

}

That did it, thanks. I did show you the page on the demo site, btw.

So here's a question: the color:#666666 is NOT in the style.css file for #content_containe so I added it. Is that normal?

Thanks,

HSc

That did it, thanks. I did show you the page on the demo site, btw.

Maybe I misread it, then. You wrote "example page: Submit Ticket, the description of what the department link is for", I saw "Submit ticket", and it was gray-ish.

So here's a question: the color:#666666 is NOT in the style.css file for #content_containe so I added it. Is that normal?

I grabbed that directly from the WHMCS demo page, so unless they're using an older version on the demo, that's how it is currently in WHMCS.

Maybe I misread it, then. You wrote "example page: Submit Ticket, the description of what the department link is for", I saw "Submit ticket", and it was gray-ish.

I grabbed that directly from the WHMCS demo page, so unless they're using an older version on the demo, that's how it is currently in WHMCS.

No, turns out I had edited the original and somehow deleted the #666 color code. It was staring me right in the face the whole time. Thanks for your help!

Any idea why, in the absence of a set font color, it defaulted to something like #999 (from what I see)?