Need help with WHMCS and Dotnetpanel integration

Nave

Hello,

I'm trying to set up WHMCS with a Dotnetpanel server and I have all the packages and the server set up with the correct information, useing the serveradmin account,

When I try to get an account set up it never goes through and when I try to create it manually I get this error at the top of the page.

Module Command Error

wsdl error: HTTP ERROR: Unsupported HTTP response status 400 Bad Request (soapclient->response has contents of the response)

any ideas?

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

SOLVED.

this is not a php5/soap problem

you must configure you dotnetpanel to work with WHMCS.

whmcs try to connect to dotnetpanel enterprise server by IP but by default dotnetpanel doesn't accept IP and it needs host name.

because of that dotnetpanel say: 400 Invalid Host Name.

you mus go to your dotnetpanel server and configure iis to accep both ip and hostname for dotnetpanel enterprise server together.

• 4 weeks later...

I don't know whether you've found an answer to this problem yet, but the issue lies with how you first setup up the IPs for each element of DNP.

If you chose the defaults of 127.0.0.1 for DNPServer and DNPEnterpriseServer, then trying to reach them from WHMCS will fail every time .. unless of course, you're running WHMCS off the DNP server, but why would you?

What you need to do is change the IP of the DNPEnterpriseServer to a publicly accessible IP. Remember to update this new IP in the DNPPortal as well, or the GUI won't be able to communicate with anything. Do NOT add a hostname. This is not necessary for DNPEnterpriseServer and can cause more trouble than it's worth if you do.

Now, update your DNP Server config in WHMCS to use the new publicly accessible IP for DNPEnterpriseServer, and everything will work exactly as its meant to.

• 4 weeks later...

i've got past the soap error by setting iis to listen on a puplic ip .. but now a new error.

Module Command Error

System.Web.Services.Protocols.SoapException: Server was unable to process request. ---> System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object. at DotNetPanel.EnterpriseServer.UserCreationWizard.CreateUserAccountInternal(Int32 parentPackageId, String username, String password, Int32 roleId, String firstName, String lastName, String email, String secondaryEmail, Boolean htmlMail, Boolean sendAccountLetter, Boolean createPackage, Int32 planId, Boolean sendPackageLetter, String domainName, Boolean tempDomain, Boolean createWebSite, Boolean createFtpAccount, String ftpAccountName, Boolean createMailAccount) at DotNetPanel.EnterpriseServer.UserCreationWizard.CreateUserAccount(Int32 parentPackageId, String username, String password, Int32 roleId, String firstName, String lastName, String email, String secondaryEmail, Boolean htmlMail, Boolean sendAccountLetter, Boolean createPackage, Int32 planId, Boolean sendPackageLetter, String domainName, Boolean tempDomain, Boolean createWebSite, Boolean createFtpAccount, String ftpAccountName, Boolean createMailAccount) at DotNetPanel.EnterpriseServer.esPackages.CreateUserWizard(Int32 parentPackageId, String username, String password, Int32 roleId, String firstName, String lastName, String email, String secondaryEmail, Boolean htmlMail, Boolean sendAccountLetter, Boolean createPackage, Int32 planId, Boolean sendPackageLetter, String domainName, Boolean tempDomain, Boolean createWebSite, Boolean createFtpAccount, String ftpAccountName, Boolean createMailAccount) --- End of inner exception stack trace ---

and in DNP it shows

Information 2/22/2010 5:28 PM 5:28 PM User Delete yyttyuty serveradmin

Information 2/22/2010 5:28 PM 5:28 PM User Add yyttyuty serveradmin

looks almost as if it adds the new user then immediately deletes it

i've got past the soap error by setting iis to listen on a puplic ip .. but now a new error.

Module Command Error

System.Web.Services.Protocols.SoapException: Server was unable to process request. ---> System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object. at DotNetPanel.EnterpriseServer.UserCreationWizard.CreateUserAccountInternal(Int32 parentPackageId, String username, String password, Int32 roleId, String firstName, String lastName, String email, String secondaryEmail, Boolean htmlMail, Boolean sendAccountLetter, Boolean createPackage, Int32 planId, Boolean sendPackageLetter, String domainName, Boolean tempDomain, Boolean createWebSite, Boolean createFtpAccount, String ftpAccountName, Boolean createMailAccount) at DotNetPanel.EnterpriseServer.UserCreationWizard.CreateUserAccount(Int32 parentPackageId, String username, String password, Int32 roleId, String firstName, String lastName, String email, String secondaryEmail, Boolean htmlMail, Boolean sendAccountLetter, Boolean createPackage, Int32 planId, Boolean sendPackageLetter, String domainName, Boolean tempDomain, Boolean createWebSite, Boolean createFtpAccount, String ftpAccountName, Boolean createMailAccount) at DotNetPanel.EnterpriseServer.esPackages.CreateUserWizard(Int32 parentPackageId, String username, String password, Int32 roleId, String firstName, String lastName, String email, String secondaryEmail, Boolean htmlMail, Boolean sendAccountLetter, Boolean createPackage, Int32 planId, Boolean sendPackageLetter, String domainName, Boolean tempDomain, Boolean createWebSite, Boolean createFtpAccount, String ftpAccountName, Boolean createMailAccount) --- End of inner exception stack trace ---

and in DNP it shows

Information 2/22/2010 5:28 PM 5:28 PM User Delete yyttyuty serveradmin

Information 2/22/2010 5:28 PM 5:28 PM User Add yyttyuty serveradmin

looks almost as if it adds the new user then immediately deletes it

edit ::::

fixed this also now.

issue was not reading instructions and human eye catching the thing on a line

http://xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx:9001/Default.aspx?pid=HostingPlans&mid=19&ctl=edit_plan&PlanID=4&UserID=1

one of the settings needed is the plan id.. and when i look at the line above the 1st thing i saw was "Plans&mid=19" so all days today i have been banging away trying to make it work . it even forced me to get php4 up and running side by side with php5 to see if that was an issue. and then finally i looked it all over again .and noticed planID-4 . not 19 :D

and as if by magic it all works now..

another issue now tho. i could not get WHMCS working at all with php4 . i'm guessing it was a php_curl issue as even with it uncommented as an extension in php4 it still does not load, i did not go as far as sticking the extra libeay dll's in the winblows dir as i did not want to rick breaking php5

Edited by SimonM

winblows dir

The best description of Windows i have EVER Seen. A typo with some humour!

Back to Topic, PHP4?? Would you not be better completely removing PHP4 as its a little old hat nowwadays and having both on your system could cause issues. I know you have it there for older software compatibility but... well you know where i stand. i would remove it completely.