WHMCS(PM) v1.1 Releases

After a long wait I am proud to announce the release of WHMCS(PM) v1.1 today.

Updates:

1) Project Time Tracking - Now you can keep track of the time spend on each project by task tracking. You can only track 1 task at a time. The client is able to view the time as well in their client area

2) Client is able to submit a task via the client area as well. When they submit the task you will be made aware of this by viewing the project tasks in the admin area, and seeing a 'red flag' beside the task. A daily email is also possible to display this as well.

3) Daily Admin Emails (cron.php):

Example Email Body:

Project Report for <date>

Total Open Tasks: #

Total Tasks Due Today: #

Total Tasks Overdue: #

This will keep you in the loop for open projects and tasks

4) Payment status is now displayed beside project with link to invoice.

5) Completed tasks now display a 'green check' for admins to easily tell what needs to be completed.

6) ability to turn a ticket into a project. Yes, you can import a client ticket into the PM system, and set time for completion. So, now you can create a project easily with a project department.

7) Client name in PM is now listed alphabetic for easier creation manually.

Order $34.99 Owned

Can you examine SVN/CVS commit hook procedures to allow specific IPs to post comment to task with possibly a custom flag that will pick up the time tracking from the commit message? Possibly add dynamic links into websvn, viewcvs. We do massive development on behalf of clients and currently have to use mantis bug tracker. This really overwhelms novice PC users with the technical form layout of mantis.

It would also be nice to attach billing codes. We charge different rates for different types of tasks.

• 3 weeks later...
Hello, I am lookng for a project management but for employees (admins). One where I can assign projects on a recurring basis

Example: assign a server maintenance task every week for John.

Does your system have this capability ? Or could it ?

Not currently but by far a good suggestion. I can put this in the roadmap for future release

Is there any info on how to use this module anywhere? I ordered and downloaded it today, there were no installation instructions or any docs whatsoever. I uploaded the files and ran the installation and see where to create projects, but I don't see where these other new features are...time tracking, etc. Thanks.

• 2 weeks later...

have you submitted a ticket? I support all clients and do not appreciate your remark of 'waste of money'. If you have submitted a ticket then PM your ticket ID. If not then you submit a ticket. I do not come to forums daily for 'support issues' as I utilize my WHMCS for this. Again, do not slander if you please. I apologize if you think you wasted your money, but I assure you that you have not.

Well, to start, your WHMCS marked my original order as fraudulent because I tried over and over to get a password that your system would accept. Your site doesn't indicate what is required in a password (which happens to be a capital letter, lower case letter, number AND a character). Maybe that's a separate issue for WHMCS to address since it was virtually impossible for me to place a simple order. (I sure hope my own clients don't have this problem!)

I had emailed you about it asking what I need to do. I couldn't submit a support ticket as I was marked as a fraudulent account. I waited a few days and heard nothing in response to my email. I then decided to try placing a second order using a different email address and it went through. Later I started getting overdue invoice notices emailed to me about the first order, when I already paid through the other account that I set up. I sent over a couple more emails to clarify that I already paid, with no response.

Do you not use email?

In addition to emails, I also posted here as I saw that you were responding to posts on this thread. I posted my question on 12/30/09, so while I understand you may not check here daily, I figured weekly or even monthly would be sufficient. And since your module is designed for this system that this forum is about, I figure you would have a subscription to this thread and respond at least within a couple of weeks.

And I find it discouraging that even though you were here responding to this post, you still did not address the questions posted by myself or the others after me. You were more concerned about stating you did not appreciate my remark, than actually providing support. Well I don't appreciate being ignored, and having some sort of documentation or info on how to use it would be helpful to everyone. So why not post the info?

I've now spent too much time on this and still don't have the info about the module I purchased.

I utilize MaxMind and if your order was marked as fraud then it is on their end and not mine.

I tested out your apparent password issue, and I got the password reset link in 32 seconds via email. So, not entirely sure what the issue is but I have not heard anything else about this.

Do I come to forums....about 1 or 2 times a month now. I do not have time to come here and check for support related issues when WHMCS does not do the support for my PM. So, why should I come here every day to look for a problem? Not to sound rude on that, but I do not live on the forum for my business. The forum is not my place to discuss support related issues to a my Module. If you need support then please submit a ticket and I will respond to that. Sorry you find this discouraging, but this is WHMCS forum and not My Support Forum. I use WHMCS for support related issues, and track all support via My WHMCS and not the forum.

As for you email to me....not sure as it did not PIPE to a ticket nor did I receive it. So, again...please submit a ticket and I will look into your issue. Simple as that. The longer you gripe here then the longer it will take to resolve your issue.

• 4 weeks later...

Recently I purchased this module and so far it is very handy and usefull. I have a few suggestions, which might be considered:

1. The sign up process is really painfull due to the very strong password required, I had to use a really weird password to go through. You might want to ease this.

2. The default attachement types are missing some important file types: jpg,psd,tif,html,swf

3. After creating a new project it would make much more sense to go directly to adding tasks to that project, than going back to creating another new project.

4. When creating new tasks it would be better if you could assign different tasks to different admins in the system, as most times a single project would be broken down in different tasks for different people, such as designer, programmer, etc.

Otherwise it is a great module. Well done, keep it simple and do just put loads of useless options. Keeping it simple is always much better!

Recently I purchased this module and so far it is very handy and usefull. I have a few suggestions, which might be considered:

1. The sign up process is really painfull due to the very strong password required, I had to use a really weird password to go through. You might want to ease this.

2. The default attachement types are missing some important file types: jpg,psd,tif,html,swf

3. After creating a new project it would make much more sense to go directly to adding tasks to that project, than going back to creating another new project.

4. When creating new tasks it would be better if you could assign different tasks to different admins in the system, as most times a single project would be broken down in different tasks for different people, such as designer, programmer, etc.

Otherwise it is a great module. Well done, keep it simple and do just put loads of useless options. Keeping it simple is always much better!

1) At the end of the day it's helping you and that comment doesn't really refer to the module.

2) You can edit these by going into the settings, which doesnt take a long time, and you can choose based on personal preference.

3) I agree with this, would like it aswell.

4) Again for me projects are broken down as "Written" "Editing" "Proof Reading" and different staff members are responsible for different parts of the project.

I hope these are updated.

1) At the end of the day it's helping you and that comment doesn't really refer to the module.

2) You can edit these by going into the settings, which doesnt take a long time, and you can choose based on personal preference.

3) I agree with this, would like it aswell.

4) Again for me projects are broken down as "Written" "Editing" "Proof Reading" and different staff members are responsible for different parts of the project.

I hope these are updated.

1) Yeah it's not module related, but will help the author to concentrate on the actual work, rather than answering support tickets on how to register. Of course it's his decision whether to do it or not - it was just a friendly suggestion.

2) I know I can edit them, I did of course, but I guess it would make sense to have these set by default as inexperienced users might wonder what's going on...

4) Yeah, or "Design", "Programming", "SEO", "Testing", again the same idea, normally different people would do different jobs on a project...

I will add these to the feature list. 1.2 is in the process of completion and has been running on v4.2 without any issue. I apologize to everyone for the long overdue release, and hope that you will all be satisfied with it. I have had a great deal on my plate and have been working for what feels like weeks without any sleep. I hope to have a new release, and a more detailed website up soon.

Again, thanks to everyone for your support with this module. Please let me know of any features you would like as well by submitting a ticket to us.

Thanks,

Gene