Licence Confusion

fusionuk

Question

Sorry guys can you help me get my head round this, I'm sure someone will know if it's possible.

Been using the 15 day trial for a couple of days now on one of my VPS servers and it's all good, very impressed thus far :wink:

However, I have another server (a reseller account with a different company) as well as my VPS with someone else.

Firstly, can I add domains/accounts to one server or the other with only on installation of WHMCS?

If so would I need 2 licences?

I'm a bit confused as I see I can add multiple servers into the manage servers area on WHMCS and indeed see their status and even log into the WHM panel using the button etc, but could WHMCS physically add an account to the other server (ie the one which it isnt installed on?)

Not sure I've made myself entirely clear here but hope someone can assist.

Thanks guys

Stu.

11 answers to this question

Thanks Matt

I'm thinking I may have to do some swapping around of my WHMCS installation as obviously with the VPS I can control all of the firewall stuff, but not sure the other company who host my reseller account would be too happy about opening ports etc, I'll ask though.

Cheers.

Stu

• WHMCS CEO

That error is quite common when first setting up access with a reseller account. As a reseller, you are only allowed by your host to create accounts using packages you've setup. Therefore, in the product configuration where it asks for the package name, you must enter the name exactly as it is in WHM - for example "yourusername_packagename"