[NOT A BUG] Ampersands in shopping cart links

jeds

I couldn't decide if this should be here or in feature request:

The ampersands in the links on the the cart throw a html error, many of the errors could be eliminated simply by coding them

&

Try the firefox html validator addon to see all the errors quckly.

Thanks,

JEDs

• 2 weeks later...
I can see your point in having it coded that way, however it isn't exactly a major job to replace them when you put them into your site.

I would rather time be spent on other things.

While i do agree that more important things could be done, i think it would save all of us tons of time if matt would just use proper markup in the beginning. The markup is so horribly done it looks like he uses frontpage to work on his templates. =P

There is no excuse for using invalid markup.

Where is the invalid markup? My install validates on w3c.

Are you kidding me? There is invalid code all over the place. Plus the ridiculous overuse of tables is nuts. Yes, I understand that tables should be used for tabular data and there are many places where it should be. But i also know i spend hours on every release cleaning up the markup so it will validate. And were only talking about transitional (you should always code strict) here.

• WHMCS CEO

The problem with using CSS is that it causes all kinds of conflicts for people integrating to their own designs. Joomla sites especially but any sites designed using CSS, often have conflicts even with the divs/css used now. With the new portal design that uses floating divs and CSS for it's layout, it has resulted in a lot more support requests than simple tables which always behave the same

However, most of the markup should be compliant. Spent a lot of time a few versions ago going through it.