Creating custom pages below the WHMCS install root?

ffeingol

We've test custom pages and have no issues creating:

/whmcs/mycustom.php

Is it possible to do this:

/whmcs/custom/index.php

/whmcs/custom/custom2/index.php

/whmcs/custom/custom3/index.php

When we try to pull in the required WHMCS includes they generate errors.

Thanks

Hello Guys,

Yes, I know how to adjust the include path (or at least I think I do). If you simply change it to ../dbconnect.php you get something like:

Warning: opendir(lang/) [function.opendir]: failed to open dir: No such file or directory in /###/###/dbconnect.php on line 0

Warning: readdir(): supplied argument is not a valid Directory resource in /###/###/dbconnect.php on line 0

Warning: closedir(): supplied argument is not a valid Directory resource in /###/###/dbconnect.php on line 0

Warning: opendir(lang/) [function.opendir]: failed to open dir: No such file or directory in /###/###/includes/clientareafunctions.php on line 0

Warning: readdir(): supplied argument is not a valid Directory resource in /###/###/includes/clientareafunctions.php on line 0

Warning: closedir(): supplied argument is not a valid Directory resource in /###/###/includes/clientareafunctions.php on line 0

Warning: Template error: unable to read resource: "mytemplate/header.tpl" in /###/###/includes/smarty/Smarty.class.php on line 1095

Warning: Template error: unable to read resource: "mytemplate/header.tpl" in /###/###/includes/smarty/Smarty.class.php on line 1095

Warning: Template error: unable to read resource: "mytemplate/frank.tpl" in /###/###/includes/smarty/Smarty.class.php on line 1095

Warning: Template error: unable to read resource: "mytemplate/frank.tpl" in /###/###/includes/smarty/Smarty.class.php on line 1095

Powered by WHMCompleteSolution

Warning: Template error: unable to read resource: "mytemplate/footer.tpl" in /###/###/includes/smarty/Smarty.class.php on line 1095

Warning: Template error: unable to read resource: "mytemplate/footer.tpl" in /###/###/includes/smarty/Smarty.class.php on line 1095

If I use ini_set or change the include_path in php.ini so php automatically looks in my WHMCS install dir I get rid of the smarty issues but all the opendir/readdir/closedir errors still exist. Something in dbconnect.php and clientareafunctions.php must be using a relative path and it gets messed up when I go a directory deeper.

Any help is appreciated.

Yea, I read that too. I've opened a support ticket to get the final answer. I'll update this thread when I hear back from support. We have a whole bunch of pages to add (tutorials) so having different tutorials in different directories just makes things a whole lot easier.

We've test custom pages and have no issues creating:

/whmcs/mycustom.php

Is it possible to do this:

/whmcs/custom/index.php

/whmcs/custom/custom2/index.php

/whmcs/custom/custom3/index.php

When we try to pull in the required WHMCS includes they generate errors.

Thanks

How did you get your custom pages to work? I setup one and it shifts the entire page over to the left contrary to the rest of whmcs. I have been told it is in the tpl file, but I even used the custom page to point to an already existing whmcs tpl and it still did that.

Could you show me the php file? I used the example from the wiki without complete success.

Thanks!

My php file looks almost exactly like the example (changing the page title and links to the page). I'd also have to agree that it's prob. you template. Might be worth having you post your template file here.

If things are not lining up properly I'd think it's a un-closed div or a div that is not clearing things (assuming your coding in XHTML).

My php file looks almost exactly like the example (changing the page title and links to the page). I'd also have to agree that it's prob. you template. Might be worth having you post your template file here.

If things are not lining up properly I'd think it's a un-closed div or a div that is not clearing things (assuming your coding in XHTML).

I actually did in another post. I even tried a blank file with no change. It tried with/without tables, with/without div tags and just plane text. all failed. I even pointed to homepage template with the exact results. This tells me it is not the template at all but the code in the example.

Any suggestions here would be great!