Restore after termination?

StacyTR

Well, it seems a silly question, but I've never run into this before. A client requested cancellation, so I terminated their account. They came back a few minutes later and asked to leave the site up a few more days. Is there a simple way to restore a site after termination via WHMCS?

Well, it seems a silly question, but I've never run into this before. A client requested cancellation, so I terminated their account. They came back a few minutes later and asked to leave the site up a few more days. Is there a simple way to restore a site after termination via WHMCS?

I agree with quietfinn.

how to avoid this is the make sure in your WHMCS admin area

1) under setup>automation settings>Automatic Module Functions make sure enable termination is unchecked

2) under setup>automation settings>Miscellaneous make sure cancellation requests is unchecked.

this will mean if a cancellation request is made by a client then you will have to manually terminate their account.

what we do is contact the client by email when a cancellation request is made to see why the client wants to cancel and see if their is anything i can do as a host. in the meantime i will set their account to suspended and do a full backup. if i get no reply from the client within 7 days then i will terminate their account as per the request.

So far i have never had to terminate any account that has sent a request by simply emailing them to see what reason they were cancelling for and what i can do to help them. sometimes it is just a case of tight finances, so i give then a couple of free months and spread the free months costs over future payments (6 months). this works and the client is happy.

Or you can create a file on your server called /scripts/prekillacct with content as shown in this link (see top entry, sorry about the formatting, am redoing the page as a wiki soon, I promise!).

This has the nice effect of making sure that you don't lose anything when you terminate an account accidentally! It tries to back up everything, including special DNS settings (copies of zone files) and an existing maxemail setting.