Plimus Gateway

mbadr

We were developing Plimus gateway for payments.

Since Plimus does not have any API, what we have gone smartly through the system and since plimus allows price override feature for a particular contract id it was a success! Now clients can easily pay via Plimus! Thats another gateway for whmcs.

From my expereince I would like to say the creating a custom payment gateway for WHMCS is very simple as the pdf manual says.

In this way whmcs can support almost any gatewa, even if it just has POST, GET functions!

Thanks WHMCS! Your product is amazing,

We still use a competitor's cart, and have trail of WHMCS.

We will surely move to whmcs once they release whoiscart import script!

Awesome!

• 1 month later...
  • 2 years later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I've made a Plimus Gateway file, it's working great but I haven't gotten the callback file to work yet, so I figured I'd post my code hoping someone could help..

Here's what it does ...

- passes all the customers information (ie. name, address, city, email, company name, etc.) to the first Plimus checkout page, this allows the customer to only have to enter their credit card or payment details. If you have email piping set up, once the payment is made, it will open a trouble ticket up so the ADMIN can complete the order.

This is how I did it..

1. I set up 2 contracts in Plimus, one for single payments, the second for recurring subscriptions. You can set your contracts up however you like, but there are a few area you have to check.

- on the general tab of each contract you create, make sure the drop down option, "Allow Override Price: " is "Yes, plain text editor" - this allows the cost to be a variable, which will be passed from the WHMCS invoice.

- under the "custom fields" tab in each contract you create, add one titled "invoiceid", hidden field .. min. length 1 - although my code works without it, it would be needed once I can get the callback file to work.

2. Download the file plimus.php ( http://sitecreatorz.com/plimus_gateway.rar ) to modules/gateways. you can also upload the plimus_gateway.php file if you want to help me work on getting it working to activate accounts.

here is the IPN url I've been working on

/modules/gateways/plimus_callback.php?amount=contractPrice&referenceNumber=referenceNumber&transactionType=transactionType&Additional Charges=Additional_Charges&custom1=invoiceid

- open the file plimus.php - line 49 and 51 - find the contractId= & enter the contract ID's of the contracts you created in Plimus.

- Also on line 49, you can enter the path for the logo if you want

3. Login to your WHMCS and activate Plimus.

4. You should also set up a page customers will be directed to after payment - you can pass variables to that page also - which is how I set up my email pipe... I used php mail on my plimus_complete.php page so it opens a ticket to notify me I need to set this new account up.

- this is very basic, it could use a lot of TLC but it does work - and although Plimus does cost a little more - OK a lot more, they do have a nice system the way you can customize the payment pages - it can give the impression the customer never leaves your website to make a payment. I've dealt with Plimus for about a year, they pay every 30 days (on the 15th for me), via PpayPal, bank account, or check. - they don't have any sign up fees & work in countries PayPal does not. They can never touch Paypal, they are the KINGS by far, but they are a great alternative.

Edited by tommyinnn

• 2 weeks later...
I've made a Plimus Gateway file, it's working great but I haven't gotten the callback file to work yet, so I figured I'd post my code hoping someone could help..

Here's what it does ...

- passes all the customers information (ie. name, address, city, email, company name, etc.) to the first Plimus checkout page, this allows the customer to only have to enter their credit card or payment details. If you have email piping set up, once the payment is made, it will open a trouble ticket up so the ADMIN can complete the order.

This is how I did it..

1. I set up 2 contracts in Plimus, one for single payments, the second for recurring subscriptions. You can set your contracts up however you like, but there are a few area you have to check.

- on the general tab of each contract you create, make sure the drop down option, "Allow Override Price: " is "Yes, plain text editor" - this allows the cost to be a variable, which will be passed from the WHMCS invoice.

- under the "custom fields" tab in each contract you create, add one titled "invoiceid", hidden field .. min. length 1 - although my code works without it, it would be needed once I can get the callback file to work.

2. Download the file plimus.php ( http://sitecreatorz.com/plimus_gateway.rar ) to modules/gateways. you can also upload the plimus_gateway.php file if you want to help me work on getting it working to activate accounts.

here is the IPN url I've been working on

/modules/gateways/plimus_callback.php?amount=contractPrice&referenceNumber=referenceNumber&transactionType=transactionType&Additional Charges=Additional_Charges&custom1=invoiceid

- open the file plimus.php - line 49 and 51 - find the contractId= & enter the contract ID's of the contracts you created in Plimus.

- Also on line 49, you can enter the path for the logo if you want

3. Login to your WHMCS and activate Plimus.

Hello Tommy, need help about plimus gateway setup ....

I've upload the plimus.php to modules/gateway, when i go to WHMCS backend, there is still no Plimus gateway option available .... i also upload plimus_gateway folder into modules/gateway but still cannot make it available at backend. please help me.

hmmm, not sure what the problem is, I've attached a screen shot of my admin.... are you sure you uploaded the plimus.php file to modules/gatewayes folder?

I know that callback file (plimus_callback.php) file has to be edited so it connects to the database, try leaving that out for now, I did have problems with it

thanks for the link Bandr, I had already seen that but wanted to do this on my own to help me learn a little!!

ScreenHunter_02 Oct. 17 09.14.jpg

Edited by tommyinnn

Hi there (Tommyinn),

I am from Plimus and would like to invite you to add this post to our Community Forum at http://home.plimus.com/ecommerce/forums/discussions/e-business-and-e-commerce-general-discussion

I think there are a fair number of people who would be in interested in this.

Many thanks,

Derek, Plimus

Edited by Derekfattal
add name

Thanks Derefattl - yes, I did start a post in the Plimus forums, http://home.plimus.com/ecommerce/community/forum_topic/notification-email-question#comment-1085

Yes, I have had several people email me and ask me if I had completed this yet, Plimus is really underrated, they accept payments from countries that PayPal does not, plus they have more options, like mail in payments, via phone, etc..I used to use iHost, and had created a mod for Plimus but when I switched to WHMCS, I had to stop accepting Plimus payments... but the very same day (yesterday) I started accepting Plimus, I had got a new client that picked Plimus over PayPal so I kinda feel I may have lost that new client had I not offered Plimus.

They pay each month, either to your bank account or via PayPal, or they even offer a credit card they can put your money on- plus I have never had any problem at all with them - the way you can customize the payment pages, you can make it so the client doesn't even know they have left your website to make a payment - the only thing I wish they offered was daily, or even weekly payouts, but it is nice to get that big monthly payment also!

and thanks Sparky, you know, I did notice yesterday I had put the callback file in the incorrect folder, but I did not have it named plimus.php - it was named plimus_callback.php - I have since corrected this but still can't get it to work :(

I did upload a couple screen shots, first is what my current Plimus invoice looks like, (like my buttons?)

second is my screwed up code, and here is what my call back link looks like

http://mysite.com/clients/modules/gateways/callback/plimus.php?amount=contractPrice&referenceNumber=referenceNumber&transactionType=transactionType&Additional Charges=Additional_Charges&invoiceid=custom1

once I get this working I will create a package & download link (or update the current download) with the instructions, there are a few things in the plimus admin that need to be done, such as set up the custom field for the invoice number, and setting up the 2 product - for single and for recurring subscriptions.

ScreenHunter_01 Oct. 18 09.19.jpg

ScreenHunter_04 Oct. 18 09.20.jpg

Edited by tommyinnn

hmmm, not sure what the problem is, I've attached a screen shot of my admin.... are you sure you uploaded the plimus.php file to modules/gatewayes folder?

I know that callback file (plimus_callback.php) file has to be edited so it connects to the database, try leaving that out for now, I did have problems with it

thanks for the link Bandr, I had already seen that but wanted to do this on my own to help me learn a little!!

yes tommy, i very sure and reupload again today .... do i need to change contract id before upload?

i think i know what is the problem ....

my whmcs is ver 3.6 .... i cannot upgrade my whmcs to latest version ... i always get maxmind fraud cancel my orders .....

Maxmind blocks me as well. Just open a ticket explaining your situation. Worked for me :-)