Plimus Gateway

mbadr

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Thanks Derefattl - yes, I did start a post in the Plimus forums, http://home.plimus.com/ecommerce/community/forum_topic/notification-email-question#comment-1085

Yes, I have had several people email me and ask me if I had completed this yet, Plimus is really underrated, they accept payments from countries that PayPal does not, plus they have more options, like mail in payments, via phone, etc..I used to use iHost, and had created a mod for Plimus but when I switched to WHMCS, I had to stop accepting Plimus payments... but the very same day (yesterday) I started accepting Plimus, I had got a new client that picked Plimus over PayPal so I kinda feel I may have lost that new client had I not offered Plimus.

They pay each month, either to your bank account or via PayPal, or they even offer a credit card they can put your money on- plus I have never had any problem at all with them - the way you can customize the payment pages, you can make it so the client doesn't even know they have left your website to make a payment - the only thing I wish they offered was daily, or even weekly payouts, but it is nice to get that big monthly payment also!

and thanks Sparky, you know, I did notice yesterday I had put the callback file in the incorrect folder, but I did not have it named plimus.php - it was named plimus_callback.php - I have since corrected this but still can't get it to work :(

I did upload a couple screen shots, first is what my current Plimus invoice looks like, (like my buttons?)

second is my screwed up code, and here is what my call back link looks like

http://mysite.com/clients/modules/gateways/callback/plimus.php?amount=contractPrice&referenceNumber=referenceNumber&transactionType=transactionType&Additional Charges=Additional_Charges&invoiceid=custom1

once I get this working I will create a package & download link (or update the current download) with the instructions, there are a few things in the plimus admin that need to be done, such as set up the custom field for the invoice number, and setting up the 2 product - for single and for recurring subscriptions.

Hey Tommyinn have you been able to get the call back working ?

thanks

• 3 weeks later...

Callback works for me using the code below. If you use recurring payments you'll need to catch "RECURRING" in the if($status..).

<?php

# Required File Includes
include("../../../dbconnect.php");
include("../../../includes/functions.php");
include("../../../includes/gatewayfunctions.php");
include("../../../includes/invoicefunctions.php");

$gatewaymodule = "plimus"; # Enter your gateway module name here replacing template

$GATEWAY = getGatewayVariables($gatewaymodule);
if (!$GATEWAY["type"]) die("Module Not Activated"); # Checks gateway module is active before accepting callback

# Get Returned Variables
$status = $_POST["transactionType"];
$invoiceid = $_POST["invoiceid"];
$transid = $_POST["referenceNumber"];
$amount = $_POST["amount"];

if(                        $amount <=   4.99)  $fee = 0.75;
if(($amount >=   5.00) && ($amount <=   8.99)) $fee = round(($amount*0.150),2);
if(($amount >=   9.00) && ($amount <=  49.99)) $fee = round(($amount*0.100),2);
if(($amount >=  50.00) && ($amount <=  59.99)) $fee = round(($amount*0.090),2);
if(($amount >=  60.00) && ($amount <=  79.99)) $fee = round(($amount*0.080),2);
if(($amount >=  80.00) && ($amount <=  99.99)) $fee = round(($amount*0.070),2);
if(($amount >= 100.00) && ($amount <= 139.99)) $fee = round(($amount*0.060),2);
if(($amount >= 140.00) && ($amount <= 279.99)) $fee = round(($amount*0.050),2);
if($amount  >= 280.00)                         $fee = round(($amount*0.045),2);

$invoiceid = checkCbInvoiceID($invoiceid,$GATEWAY["name"]); # Checks invoice ID is a valid invoice number or ends processing

checkCbTransID($transid); # Checks transaction number isn't already in the database and ends processing if it does

if ($status=="CHARGE") {
   # Successful
   addInvoicePayment($invoiceid,$transid,$amount,$fee,$gatewaymodule);
   logTransaction($GATEWAY["name"],$_POST,"Successful");
} else {
   # Unsuccessful
   logTransaction($GATEWAY["name"],$_POST,"Unsuccessful");
}

?>

• 2 weeks later...

Hi all,

recently Plimus suspended our account because of high rate of chargeback. They don't have any anti-fraud system, they accept payment from open Proxy IP and stolen credit cards.

Now they say that they can't unsuspend our account and hold our money for 3 moths.

Sorry to hear they suspended your account.

They do have an anti-fraud system though. They frequently make refunds to my customers telling me that the specific customer was going to end up in a charge-back according to their assessment. They occasionally deny customers that I believe to be legit, but I have a second processor for when that happens. So far my charge-back rate with Plimus is lower than on PayPal.

More worryingly, Plimus has recently started to "cancel" transactions without notice. This is annoying because such "cancel" makes their support area inaccessible to the customer (by saying the order doesn't exist at all) and I don't get notified. The customer often thinks they paid but can't verify this in Plimus nor in WHMCS, making us look like scammers.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I use WHMCS with Plimus and, while it works for me, they are correct that Plimus does not have a proper API.

Yes, Plimus sends IPN's, but that's after the order is completed. There is no way for WHMCS to create a proper order in the first place. Plimus only works with predefined products and there is no API for adding these products.

What some of us do is that we create 1 product in Plimus with a very generic name and then override the price every time we redirect someone to Plimus for payment. That's more a dirty hack than anything else though. For an official WHMCS plug-in to work that way would be unacceptable.

Plimus view on this is that they are not just a payment processor, but something of a broader e-commerce solution. They prefer you outsource the entire order handling to them. I a sense they overlap with WHMCS (they do invoices, forward support tickets, etc, etc.) This is their way to justify their relatively high rates. Hence they are not eager to provide an API.

• 6 months later...