[NOT A BUG] Pre-sales tickets force login

Hello,

You know when you submit a ticket and you get an email with a direct link to view that ticket?

Well in the admin panel you have the option to make it required for the user to login when clicking that link.

Now i have noticed that when a nonexistent client submits a ticket using the Pre-sales page. It makes them need to login to view that ticket, but the issue is they do not got an account, so how do they login?

Please fix.

Thanks.

If that is the case then who ever did that setup is an idiot. J/k.

So if a client wants to send a message/ticket using the contact page: http://demo.whmcs.com/contact.php they need to register first to be able to view there own pre-sales ticket?

This seems like a bug to me.

Please note this issue only happens when you click the required login box to view the tickets from the email link.

Well i am off to bed. I think i may have had to much tequila:).

Good night all.

By default when using the contact page it submits a ticket to the help desk if i am correct. You then get that email stating that you have opened up a ticket with a direct link to the ticket.

Here is the issue.

When the admin click the option in the admin panel to require login upon viewing ticket, it stop the nonexistent from being able to view his pre-sales ticket as it wants him to login but he can't login as he does not have an account as he is not yet a client.

I think that this is a bug and should be fixed.

Thanks

When the admin click the option in the admin panel to require login upon viewing ticket, it stop the nonexistent from being able to view his pre-sales ticket as it wants him to login but he can't login as he does not have an account as he is not yet a client.

I think that this is a bug and should be fixed.

But the presales email is NOT a ticket as far as the not-yet-a-client is concerned. It's just an enquiry email, which you respond to by email. Of course they can't view the ticket.

Sorry if i am incorrect on that. However most people use email piping which opens a ticket when someones sends a email. & some people have there contact page config to open a ticket.

So if you are a nonexistent client & you have some pre-sales questions you would not be able to view your ticket without a valid account.

Please give this a shot and see for yourself.

• WHMCS CEO

You've configured something wrong to get this as it's not a bug.

1. You can set per department if the user is required to be a client or not (Setup > Support Departments)

2. So pre-sales department should never be set to require being a client to use it

3. Then the email you enter in General Settings > Mail should obviously point to a public department or you get the blocked message you're seeing

By default, the presales emails are sent to an address you enter, not opened as a support ticket.

Matt

• WHMCS CEO

A login is only required if the ticket belongs to a Client ID so wouldn't be required for a non registered user to view it. They also get the response to tickets by email so wouldn't necessarily need to use the ticket url anyway.

The only possibility for what you describe would be if you've customised your viewticket.tpl template to always require login.

Matt

• 3 weeks later...

Okay you guys, I have tried to follow the instructions in this thread, but I find that my coustomers are still required to log in/create an account before getting to the pre-sales contact us form (contact.php). Perhaps a little pointer to what I may have missed would be in order as I may have overlooked something.

Under General Settings--> Support Departments, I have two listed: Sales and Support. Selecting the "Sales" department, none of the three checkboxes are selected, with an email address that is directed to me.

May it perhaps be due to using the Kayako module and not WHMCS as support (Genreal Settings--> Support)?

And as Matt may have suggested above, I have not touched the viewticket.tpl file.

Any suggestions in this area would be greatly appreciated.

Stewart

I would recommend the current ssetup which I use.

1- Make "Sales" department and set it not to ask for login for viewing tickets.

2- in "Contact us" link to the sales department directly not the "contact.php" file.

This way any new client contacting sales will have a ticket opened which you can track. And they don't have to login to see it ;)

I would ask Matt to set a cookie when a client opens a ticket before registering so when he registers this tickets gets added into his history with a notice in the ticket that it was opened before being a client.