CSV Import for Clients??

• 3 weeks later...
  • WHMCS CEO

Hi,

There is no generic CSV importer for client & product data but if you contact support and supply a few sample lines of your CSV file, we can provide you with a quote for writing a custom script to read and interpret it.

Matt

• 2 weeks later...

Hi,

I almost have the same issue, but just after my clients are imported ...

I have imported all my clients from Sugar CRM to WHMCS (as mentioned mostly tblclients in the database was used), they were about 3000 clients, and things are fine now.

But, there seems to be a problem with my custom fields, I have added many custom fields in my WHMCS, and I took care of importing those as well in tblcustomfieldsvalues table in database, according to the relid and id for each custom field(considering the client id and customfield id). I have some fields which are DropDown, and some are open text fields, those which I imported in the the customfield table of the database and where text field, are shown properly, like Birth Year, but those which were dropdowns, they do NOT seem to be taking that value as given in the database. Once the value is set from the GUI/Admin Panel, then they seem to be fine. The same happened to my other 6 dropdown custom fields, which were like Gender/Birth Month/etc...

Any idea on why they are not being read as they should? Isn't the table "tblcustomfieldsvalues" the right table to be reading from?

Any help would be highly appreciated and thanks for your time in advanced.

Ok, I managed to solve my problem, the issue was:

1- CSV import/export needs to be done very carefully (especially using mac, just like my case)

2- Custom Fields, those with numeric values, and being of the type Drop Down, need to be imported exactly like they are in the CS, so if you have a value "01", and you import "1", it will not be recognized.

A VERY IMPORTANT NOTE: DO NOT AUTO-INSERT THE USER IDS while importing tblclients table, like what I did, and it forced to me to delete everything and do everything from the beginning. The reason: IDs are of the to be auto-increment in database, so if you inject it manually, the system will not consider those IDs as used, so as a result, adding new clients will fail, and your system will remain without the possibility of adding any new client.

Thanks,

Ali.

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...