Site Builder

krimster

@genric, those are CMS's you can hardly call those a website builder, especialy if you look at the target audience of a sitebuilder.

@krimster,

I looked at RV's sitebuilder as it as well affordable, as simple enough for this kind of clients to create something 'viewable' but found there was a huge con to this software which according to the developers is not high on their 'to do' list, and that is the ability for clients to safe their 'project' locally in other words, make a off-server backup of their data-project.

I see the first customer allready knocking on my door that they made a mistake and now don't have their project anymore. Or my server crashes (can happen you know) and since it outside cpanel, it is not taken with the standard backups.

This was such a drawback that I and my partner decided not to go ahead with the software. Maybe if they get enough questions about this, they may change.

Pro's of RV's sitebuilder: supports major browsers! looks professional, multi language aware, lots of templates (looking quite good too) and offering of a 'try before you buy' to your customers.

Kindest regards,

Patrick

Thanks for the replies. I was indeed talking about SW Soft Site Builder, so thanks dannygoh. It looks professional, and easy enough, but it's not so cheap I want to buy and then have no one use it.

The RV one looks so-so, so thanks Patrick, I have RV Skins for the language feature cPanel, and the support is good, but I really don't want to get their site builder as it's obvious they are not going forward with development.

I guess I'll want a short time and try the SW Soft version.

was replying to the part...

or another tool for your clients

ok, rainboy.. thanks for the tip.

i have tried to implement:

dragdropsitecreator.com

soholaunch site builder

sw soft builder

site studio

sitezen

and a few more...

for my hosting clients over the past years, absolutely none of them do a job that would be professional for a business, only home sites, club sites, personal sites, etc.

I cant recommend any of them. swsoft looked promising, but the templates were in short supply.

i have used it a bit and didnt like it. I really havent found any of those that i liked. They all just seemed so bloated or the results were horrible.

My opinion was as a client, not an admin. If will not let my company represent a product that i wouldnt even use myself.

i have used it a bit and didnt like it. I really havent found any of those that i liked. They all just seemed so bloated or the results were horrible.

My opinion was as a client, not an admin. If will not let my company represent a product that i wouldnt even use myself.

Good point, that is the attitude to succeed, thank you. I'll have to ponder it more, just seems like a huge number of hosts offer it...

a huge number of hosts sell 100gb of space and 100TB of bandwidth for $.99 a year, but i dont think its a good idea. =P

Yes, i think it can be a useful tool, but i have yet to see one that wasnt proprietary that was any good. Most hosts that have a good setup, have custom ones that they are not willing to part with.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...