WHMCS Reseller Module on the way :)

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...
You should begin funded sponsorships for all those interested to complete.

That would be nice and certainly help complete things faster :) The problem with some module development is that you've either got to have the spare time to do it, or funding. So far I've set aside my own personal time to develop modules, and then once they are completed and selling the funding helps compensate for the time already spent.

The problem with this module is that while it will no doubt generate enough funding once released, I've got to pay my own bills in the mean time & that only comes from managing existing projects, etc.. So while I completely understand that this module has been a long time coming, I'm doing the best I can to finish it.

The good news is that After this week I'll only have about 2-3 projects ongoing for the next 2 months, which means finishing all the pending modules, and maybe a vacation(if I'm lucky :)

Add a recurring subscription service product on your billing software and allow us to subscribe. Bring the recurring down as more whmcs folk sign up and pay someone from odesk to assist you. You should have a membership only forum for paid subscribers to discuss the direction of modules on demand.

Add a recurring subscription service product on your billing software and allow us to subscribe. Bring the recurring down as more whmcs folk sign up and pay someone from odesk to assist you. You should have a membership only forum for paid subscribers to discuss the direction of modules on demand.

Subscriptions/member funded development.. That's actually a very interesting idea and worth seriously considering :)

An obstacle with software development is that often times funding isn't there prior to release, which means developers(like myself) must invest their own time and hope it's compensated for in the long run. I personally only wish to pay for my own time. Anything above that is just nice to have :) A downside to development without initial funding is the possibility of never actually being compensated, even after release.. The "loss" part of "profit and loss" which must be expected & even calculated in any successful business.

There are modules/addons that I develop regardless of popularity simply because I personally require them, but those that are not crucial to my business must be somewhat in demand & have a reasonable expectation of profit. To put it simply: I can't tell my wife "the 26 hours I spent last week on ______ module was for nothing" and expect to stay out of the dog house :) So the idea of subscribing support is definitely something I want to investigate more.

A members only forum where feature requests. bug reports, feature polls, and software discussion takes place would be crucial. The subscriptions would obviously pay for the development but I'd want a system in place where someone who's subscribed for 4 months gets software at a better rate than someone only subscribed for a month. Obviously a lot of things to consider, but still a great idea :)

What would be a reasonable subscription cost?

You could PM me for ideas. You could use drupal with drupal's in-house project manager and issue reporting and use the whmcs backend to tie drupal accounts to whmcs accounts and run a subscription model. Perhaps some php/mysql module in drupal to fill in the project funded development goal per module, goal percent target reached, custom profile flags that signify the company is a sponsor of $X module and install mantis or trac and setup SVN or git subversion to tie in bug or feature request to the tracker and RSS tracker feeds back to drupal as a module news announcement.

In drupal, use the aggregator and tell the block to only display on the module story node and create a block specific to that story node that details how to sign up or login to whmcs to create a tracker account and drupal account upon successful subscription payment. Hell, setup something in your whmcs right now to just fund drupal/trac/mantis integration for subscription/funded development and you've created yet another revenue stream to resell the THAT whmcs module for those companies that use mantis/trac, svn, cvs, git and whmcs.

I'd like to see mantis time billing to create weekly billable items from the mantis project to whmcs client id, for our open source projects, the ability to take funded development payments and track back to mantis project and drupal. Perhaps just install drupal now and everyone can contribute to the scope and link it from this forum thread.

Eventually, whcms would link it from their wiki, I'm sure??? HEH!

You could PM me for ideas. You could use drupal with drupal's in-house project manager and issue reporting and use the whmcs backend to tie drupal accounts to whmcs accounts and run a subscription model. Perhaps some php/mysql module in drupal to fill in the project funded development goal per module, goal percent target reached, custom profile flags that signify the company is a sponsor of $X module and install mantis or trac and setup SVN or git subversion to tie in bug or feature request to the tracker and RSS tracker feeds back to drupal as a module news announcement.

In drupal, use the aggregator and tell the block to only display on the module story node and create a block specific to that story node that details how to sign up or login to whmcs to create a tracker account and drupal account upon successful subscription payment. Hell, setup something in your whmcs right now to just fund drupal/trac/mantis integration for subscription/funded development and you've created yet another revenue stream to resell the THAT whmcs module for those companies that use mantis/trac, svn, cvs, git and whmcs.

I'd like to see mantis time billing to create weekly billable items from the mantis project to whmcs client id, for our open source projects, the ability to take funded development payments and track back to mantis project and drupal. Perhaps just install drupal now and everyone can contribute to the scope and link it from this forum thread.

Eventually, whcms would link it from their wiki, I'm sure??? HEH!

While I appreciate your suggestions, if I would need to do any custom development to accomplish this it would most likely be within WHMCS. The issue to address is the demand, and the actual amount of participation. No need to spend hours out of my already demanding schedule on something that no one's really interested in :)

While I appreciate your suggestions, if I would need to do any custom development to accomplish this it would most likely be within WHMCS. The issue to address is the demand, and the actual amount of participation. No need to spend hours out of my already demanding schedule on something that no one's really interested in :)
Just a suggestion. WHMCS isn't the best CMS manager with dynamic header information. At least with drupal you can do so much more by way of content per module, feeds, et al.

Just a suggestion. WHMCS isn't the best CMS manager with dynamic header information. At least with drupal you can do so much more by way of content per module, feeds, et al.

"out of the box" yes, but with a few modifications you can really do anything with WHMCS :)

• 1 month later...

Havnt had any replys from the replys support ticket on his website, and its been over a week now, he has only been on msn on his xbox 360 playing halo 3 and not replying to messages, so i presume the creators more intrested in xbox 360 than buissness now,

I'm still waiting on a file to complete a custom addon i've already paid him for, he was ment to supply this file 2 weeks ago,

Havnt had any replys from the replys support ticket on his website, and its been over a week now, he has only been on msn on his xbox 360 playing halo 3 and not replying to messages, so i presume the creators more intrested in xbox 360 than buissness now,

I'm still waiting on a file to complete a custom addon i've already paid him for, he was ment to supply this file 2 weeks ago,

I would appreciate it if you would cease your efforts to cause problems publicly. I don't play video games, I don't have time :) You are just as aware as I am that the file you speak of was never discussed or included in any quotes, etc. I "was" going to give it to you free of charge just to be a nice guy, but after the headaches you've caused these last few weeks I feel that the more I give you the more you want/demand.

I am pleased to say that it is complete and ready for production :) Unfortunately due to recent issues with a handful of individuals I've been forced to take a step back from all of this to ensure that going forward I am not so blatantly taken advantage of as I have been so recently. On the other side, I don't think that a few bad eggs shouldn't spoil things for everyone, so anyone in need of this or any other modules/service: you're welcome to contact me directly to discuss any of your needs in professional manner. :)

I would appreciate it if you would cease your efforts to cause problems publicly. I don't play video games, I don't have time You are just as aware as I am that the file you speak of was never discussed or included in any quotes, etc. I "was" going to give it to you free of charge just to be a nice guy, but after the headaches you've caused these last few weeks I feel that the more I give you the more you want/demand.

I am pleased to say that it is complete and ready for production :) Unfortunately due to recent issues with a handful of individuals I've been forced to take a step back from all of this to ensure that going forward I am not so blatantly taken advantage of as I have been so recently. On the other side, I don't think that a few bad eggs shouldn't spoil things for everyone, so anyone in need of this or any other modules/service: you're welcome to contact me directly to discuss any of your needs in professional manner. :)

You know that you "dont have time for video games" is a lie, you were playing on the xbox 360 halo 3 the other day :), the file was a core part of the module and isnt userfriendly/useable in a live enviroment without it, you also promised it would be completed 2 weeks ago, whens it due to be completed? could you please contact me via email, Thanks

• 2 weeks later...
any Beta release .????

As I mentioned:

Hello siforek,

i contacted you 2 times but i didnt get any reply from you.......

You won't hear from this guy until the new year now. This guy doesn't know the meaning of customer support. Basically he's just a cowboy trying to be smart creating all these "nice" modules - but then forgets his customers entirely.

You won't hear from this guy until the new year now. This guy doesn't know the meaning of customer support. Basically he's just a cowboy trying to be smart creating all these "nice" modules - but then forgets his customers entirely.

Think maybe you should take this off the forum, u appear to have an issue with siforek and are now just trying to ruin his name, I admit that he may be hard to get hold of but it really does not warrant what you are doing.