[RESOLVED] Unable to enter SPF records in Client Area DNS management

Clients are unable to enter SPF records in Client Area DNS management, entering something like "v=spf1 a mx ip4:89.145.96.144 -all" results in only "v=" being returned.

Looks like over zealous string sanitising in the form.

Also can we have a delete options next the each record, I know that users can simply clear the record and save but it's not very user friendly.

Clients are unable to enter SPF records in Client Area DNS management, entering something like "v=spf1 a mx ip4:89.145.96.144 -all" results in only "v=" being returned.

Looks like over zealous string sanitising in the form.

Also can we have a delete options next the each record, I know that users can simply clear the record and save but it's not very user friendly.

Ummm where do you see that? I don't see anything in WHMCS that allows manual entry of such records.

• WHMCS CEO

It's a bug with their name/value pair API. Their API is sending responses as hostname1=A&ip1=xx.xx.xx.xx&hostname2=v=spf1 a mx ip4:89.145.96.144 -all&ip2=xx.xx.xx.xx and therefore the string splitting at = doesn't work for this kind of value. Fixed by using their XML response method for this call.

Matt