Prorate only for upgrades

I know that, but my problem is... We don't charge monthly, we charge annually, having this prorate option only allow us for set up upgrades, but if one customer want to buy our hosting package, the system automatically apply prorate to his account to the 1st or whatever.

Any ideas of how implement only prorate for upgrades and not for sales?

• 2 weeks later...

This is causing a major frustration for me as clients upgrade and end up getting the product at half price. for eg a client purchases 1Gb ADSL Traffic for R16.00. at the begining of the month. Then on the 7th of the month he upgrades to a 5Gb option which is R80.00 the system then bills him R36.00 so in essence he has paid R48.00 instead of R80.00. He then upgrades to 10Gb of traffic on the same and gets billed R45.33, so no he has paid R93.33 for a product that should be billed at R160.00. I have had to turn off upgrades on these products due to this issue, which makes life hell cos the clients are peeved that they cant upgrade themselves.

• 4 weeks later...

I am facing same issue:

client has package A for $100 per month

then they upgrade to Package B for $200 a month

I want them to pay the full $100 difference for the upgrade.

currently it prorates the difference in time/rate formula

this is not a benefit for us WHMCS users

we sent policy for our users and that policy is to pay the differnce - not prorated

feedback anyone?

am i missing where this setting is?

it is not a setting the point of the prorata billing system is to charge your clients only for the portion used for that time of the month , Personally me as a client if i upgraded to a $100.00 a month more expensive product in the middle of the month and was expected to pay the full price of $100.00 when half of the month is gone i wouldnt last there long and thus the reason for prorated billing you only get billed for the amount of the product that you use for that period of the month. So to say that you want them to pay the entire difference defeats the purpose of pro rated billing and thus in turns hurts the clients in the end result and we should be looking out for our clients not looking for ways to gouge money out of them. I have seen this numerous times with other such things like cable , telephone, internet providers you upgrade half way through the month you get a lower rate discount as you have not used that upgraded service for the entire month only a portion so it is only fair that you pay for only the portion you use.

Am I Wrong here Guys ???

• 1 month later...

Surely, this could be configured to give you the option the same as products to prorate on a per product basis for upgrades, I hear what everyone says regarding the prorate and looking after clients, but in a case of paying for a fixed amount of traffic usage for example, this leads to people exploiting the system, ie upgrade from an account of 1Gb traffic to 100Gb pay R10 for the prorata'd amount and use 50Gb of traffic in a few hours, and you loose all the way, the issue with disabling upgrades is when you are processing one or 2 a day not a problem, when its 50 a day, and the client upgrades at night and uses a creditcard, then they are buggered and have to wait for someone to manually process the transaction, this is too, not acceptable.

• 2 years later...
  • 4 months later...